decoding the asst trainers words

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

decoding the asst trainers words

Post by The Harlequins »

Am i right in thinking that
"don’t wait too long to get them to the races!"

Means the horse will run to its true abilty early season if unraced at present.

Regards Frank.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Tony Baker
Sprinter

Re: decoding the asst trainers words

Post by Tony Baker »

I took that as , it will race within its status (allowance/stakes) now and expect it to drop in rating in a year or so. I may be completely wrong tho.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

The horse is precocious and it's two year old season may be it's best?
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

The full comment is "This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races!"

The "progression" comments (along with "peak" and "late bloomer") that come at the end of the gallop comment are new this year, so I don't think any player can yet say with absolute certainty what any of them mean.

Many of us think of the "progress throughout their career" to be the middle comment, with "peak" referring to a horse that is at its maximum potential right now, and "late bloomer" referring to a horse that will reach its maximum potential at a future point.

So, perhaps the "don't wait too long" part of the comment means that the horse isn't yet at its maximum potential, but you shouldn't let it sit at the barn doing nothing, because once it reaches "'peak" it's probably not going to be that much better.