He went from stakes to claimer! (New player scouting)

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

He went from stakes to claimer! (New player scouting)

Post by Ma Springs »

Hi all!

As a new trainer I'm scouting for decent horses to buy to get me started and that can be useful in the New Players races.

(I actually played this game for a while in the early 2000s and I'm thrilled to have found my way back. Love it!)

I just bought a 7yo gelding with a stakes win or two and an ok career from Alexandra Jaysman:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=892090

First gallop I gave him he went from stakes gallop to claimer! Fully fit and very sound, but still... :?

(At 2yo he was "a very special animal"...but he hasn't been galloped since...)

I do understand he is over his peak, but I thought I still could get him to run a few good races for me.

Guess he didn't age too well..! :roll:

Just thought I'd share since I've seen a couple of posts about changing gallop comments.

I'd be happy to recieve any comments from you trainers with more experience on aging in general (are all 7yo outdated or is it individual?) and what to do with this oldie (claim races or retire?) or anything else!

And I'd also be happy to buy or lease useful horses to affordable prices, so please give me a tip if you happen to see or have something for sale! :)

Good luck to all in tonight's races!

(English isn't my first language, so I'm sorry for any odd writing!)

Best regards,
Maria
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Re: He went from stakes to claimer! (New player scouting)

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I hope he can get some money in that W14D1 race, but a TB dirt router claimer is really not competitive.

Indominus as a sir is also annoying. I am racing too many horses, but no other stallion is as inconsistent as Indominus. His foals makes really bad races with speed figures in the 50s and then suddenly a speed figure of 85. Even as stakes gallopers his foals often ends up at the bottom of the pack.

Welcome back to the game. And make sure to use the "recommended" list. Horses on that list are at least in the top end of productive, usually allowance. (If the recommended list still exist as it did in Year48 when I used it)
/Polk
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Thanks for commenting. That's interesting, I'm collecting all info.

Yes, the Recommened list still exists, it has provided me with a couple of allowances. :)

(Got my first win yesterday! 8-) A maiden, new player only, but still... Yay!)
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Maria, feel free to send me a PM in game if you have any questions! This game can be daunting when you first start so ask as many questions as you need. Heck we all still have questions.haha
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Thanks, I'll do that!
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500