QUESTION ABOUT GELD

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

QUESTION ABOUT GELD

Post by The Harlequins »

I there a rough figure or a range that can be expected after gelding.

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: QUESTION ABOUT GELD

Post by Carole Hanson »

No one really knows to be honest, only The Steward can answer this question. All we know is that the boost these days is a little bit more than it used to be a few years ago.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thanks Carole, think what i am really thinking is.

If i have a horse that is constantly placing in semi good racers...not trial park, would it be worth gelding to maybe get the wins in the same class.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago Thanks Carole, think what i am really thinking is.

If i have a horse that is constantly placing in semi good racers...not trial park, would it be worth gelding to maybe get the wins in the same class.
If he is in a very competitive division (DR or TR for example) and has a so-so pedigree (as in his dam isn’t a graded stakes winner or producer) then there’s no reason not to geld him. He’ll get a small boost of ability and since he won’t really be fit to stand at stud you might as well geld him. But I doubt the change in results will be drastic, and remember there are always other factors at play.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Does that mean the weather forcast is foggy lol lol

xxx Carole
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Not necessarily :P The best way to get your horse to win is to drop him in class and get his confidence back up, perhaps then he will be able to jump back up in class and pick up better placings.