What happens if you run out of money

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bertie Bassett
Miler

What happens if you run out of money

Post by Bertie Bassett »

This has not happened to me (not yet anyway) :D . But I was wondering what happens if you run out of money in the Sim. Has it ever happened to anyone? Unless you have some really good horses, selling off some of your stock may or may not help, and even then you may be left with the horses who are not making you any money, so within a week or two you would be back in the same boat.
Is there anything in place to stop this from happening.

Bertie
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: What happens if you run out of money

Post by Carole Hanson »

You can usually contact The Steward who will be able to help you get back up and running. This happened to me a few times when I was a new player and let me tell you it's no fun, you can't even race because the shipping fees for your horses can't be paid (unless you're lucky and they were already at the track).
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Well when you get to 20k a little yellow bar with a link to a page of tips on how to get more money pops up! And when you drop under zero basically all you can do is sell horses. It’s happened to me MANY times!

My favourite way to get out of the hole is write feature race articles! You get $20k for each article that’s at least 500 words, and you can write up to 4 a week!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Well when you get to 20k a little yellow bar with a link to a page of tips on how to get more money pops up! And when you drop under zero basically all you can do is sell horses. It’s happened to me MANY times!

My favourite way to get out of the hole is write feature race articles! You get $20k for each article that’s at least 500 words, and you can write up to 4 a week!
And don’t forget if you write a great analysis article, Cleo Patra is offering a $100,000 bonus!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Well when you get to 20k a little yellow bar with a link to a page of tips on how to get more money pops up! And when you drop under zero basically all you can do is sell horses. It’s happened to me MANY times!

And don’t forget if you write a great analysis article, Cleo Patra is offering a $100,000 bonus!
I assume that ends this week though 😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Not sure if i am correct in this Bertie but there will be 2 stable fees to pay for before racing starts again.

I will be eating bread and water by then but the horses will be fed lol

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago Not sure if i am correct in this Bertie but there will be 2 stable fees to pay for before racing starts again.

Frank
Once you are a junior player you will need to pay $5 per day, per non-pensioned horse, as well as the weekly stable fees you’ve already been paying ☺️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago Not sure if i am correct in this Bertie but there will be 2 stable fees to pay for before racing starts again.

Frank
Thanks for all the answers guys and gals,
I am certainly not a wealthy player (yet) but luckily I am also not broke. I just wondered if there was anything in place as I have not read about it anywhere. And like Rochelle suggests I write articles every week.

Bertie
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Just realised i got 25,000 from the steward yesterday for being here 10 weeks think you may be due somthing for your time here

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.