doubt

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

doubt

Post by David Faulkner »

:?: Hello everyone, could you explain the meaning of these comments, advantages and disadvantages in the future about the galloping of horses and what should be done in these cases with the horses
thanks for your help

(really wowed me out there! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully)

(sure moves like a very nice horse! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!)

(is a very special animal. This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races!)
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Re: doubt

Post by Bertie Bassett »

David Velasquez wrote: 4 years ago :?: Hello everyone, could you explain the meaning of these comments, advantages and disadvantages in the future about the galloping of horses and what should be done in these cases with the horses
thanks for your help

(really wowed me out there! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully)

(sure moves like a very nice horse! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!)

(is a very special animal. This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races!)
Regina Moore has a list of the different shorthand comments on the new player page. I found it really useful.

Bertie
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Bertie Bassett wrote: 4 years ago
David Velasquez wrote: 4 years ago :?: Hello everyone, could you explain the meaning of these comments, advantages and disadvantages in the future about the galloping of horses and what should be done in these cases with the horses
thanks for your help

Regina Moore has a list of the different shorthand comments on the new player page. I found it really useful.

Bertie
:P Hello can you give me the information link please thank you
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:D very good article but I talk about these comments in particular that are each of them and in which the ropes with this type of gallop are venerated
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

(really wowed me out there! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully) - Allowance horse at this time - late bloomer - will hopefully improve as he/she matures - not precocious so no need to push the horse too early

(sure moves like a very nice horse! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!) - Allowance horse at this time - appears to be running at her/his top level but could possibly improve in the future (or not)

(is a very special animal. This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races!) - Stakes level horse at this time - should advance along regular lines as the horse matures

This is just my take on those gallop comments - everyone seems to have their own spin on them. Allowance gallop, stakes gallop, freak gallop - whatever - is no guarantee the horse will win a stakes race or an allowance race or even a maiden race. It is just saying that at the exact moment you galloped that horse the potential was there. There are so many other factors that go into each race that nothing is ever a sure thing.

Others may post with their ideas, read everything you can and as a trainer you will probably eventually come to your own conclusions.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago (really wowed me out there! This is at least an allowance horse with some stakes potential. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully) - Allowance horse at this time - late bloomer - will hopefully improve as he/she matures - not precocious so no need to push the horse too early

(sure moves like a very nice horse! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!) - Allowance horse at this time - appears to be running at her/his top level but could possibly improve in the future (or not)

(is a very special animal. This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races!) - Stakes level horse at this time - should advance along regular lines as the horse matures

This is just my take on those gallop comments - everyone seems to have their own spin on them. Allowance gallop, stakes gallop, freak gallop - whatever - is no guarantee the horse will win a stakes race or an allowance race or even a maiden race. It is just saying that at the exact moment you galloped that horse the potential was there. There are so many other factors that go into each race that nothing is ever a sure thing.

Others may post with their ideas, read everything you can and as a trainer you will probably eventually come to your own conclusions.
:shock: :( :cry: Thank you thank you thank you
Your comment and opinion clears my mind I thought that these comments would give me hope that they could improve along and be very good brokers

but it’s like the mood of the horse, that is to say, it seemed like a desire to compete or just wants to sleep late

I thought they were a kind of gift that would be excellent over time so there is nothing spectacular in these comments, it is only a mood of the horse on an ordinary day

it would be spectacular if they were like comments of hope of having a future champion of competition of Grade One winner of SC

very grateful for your time in giving your opinion

Cheers
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Please be aware that the second part of any gallop comment, which refers to a horse's rate of development, was new as of Year 54. So, we're all pretty much speculating at this point.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Hi, I don't understand anything, I just thought it's a mood at a certain moment

I thought that being different comments could be that some can improve and it is 100% that it will be that way and that the other comment is final in an allowance and there is nothing more to expect from the future

I ask why I have no idea what they really are since there are several types of comments I don't know where they are going

it would be great if they were with difference like when you know that it is a Blue Hen or a star or formidable

you know that they have a future range and are complemented by the hypo in reference that could leave a crossroads

I just want to hear that there is hope for changes to improve the horse's future with certainty in the path of maturity
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

The ladies covered it pretty well, but I'll add my worthless 2 cents.

The first half of the comment is just where the horse currently is.
The second half is a reference toward future development.

Late bloomer is likely a bump all at once. How much? It could be a fraction of a level improvement or levels. It comes at us randomly.

Progress throughout comment should be gradual improvement incrementally until its at its peak.

At its peak means that while there's a very small chance the horse could improve slightly. It's more likely that it's either at its peak or starting to regress meaning that it won't improve from this point.

Some examples... I had a solid that was a late bloomer. When it peaked, it remained a solid. Just a higher end solid galloper. I know of someone that had a solid late bloomer that went Freak.

Generally in the game they may bump up one level in there life. Those bumps up to freak from solid are incredibly rare.

Gallop comments update twice per season. Once during the offseason and then again at the tail end of week 8, it's best to get those updates at the beginning of week 9.
Also be aware if you gallop a horse thats in racing, it may need a bit extra time to recover to get back to full health.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Also be aware the time between week 16 day 1 and the next season week 1 day 1 is just 1 week. If you throw on any training during the offseason that training hit to the health is counted as week 1 day 1. So you need to rest accordingly if you do any training in the offseason.
Most people dont touch horses from the previous season during the offseason. They may gallop their brand new 1yo's but thats it.
So be aware.

Good luck
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

It is just like real life, though, David, you can never know for certain what your horse will do. The potentials are there. I have had claimer, productive, and Allowance gallopers all win stakes races at some point. I have had stakes and freak gallopers struggle to break their maiden. The key is to try to figure out each horse as an individual.

If you know for sure how your horse would preform all of the time it would be very boring. There are too many random things. If you enter your stakes horse in a stakes race along with 11 other stakes galloping horses they all can't win. Each one will have their own strengths and weaknesses. Each horse at birth is given a number and different attributes to make that horse special from all of the other horses. This is what makes things exciting as a trainer - trying to figure out each horse. In real life trainers don't know anything either - they have to work with the horse and discover the things the horse likes or doesn't like, its strengths and weaknesses.

Also, the times you can check (via gallop) to see if your horse may have changed/improved are in their first or second race (at the beginning of their career), the beginning of each year, and week 8? or 9? of each year.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Only new here so what i am saying may be complete tosh.

But i dont like seeing big differances in workout times once you have found the correct eq

It shows on the track with inconstant runs in my humble opinion .

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

excellent thank you very much for your opinions and points of view when there is a multitude of advice things take hold and that makes you can take a style according to the experience of others makes things not black white or gray if they take color

I hope that more people can give their opinion that helps many players who may have a doubt at this point and that the difference between each horse is really limited to their training and that what they have bad luck can achieve something good because if it is by chance not everyone is lucky

It is very pleasant to see how players take time to help others, the companionship is seen on the site and that is very nice if you can help someone just do it never deny your help to the needy

thank you for all the advice

Cheers