Hire a Jockey

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Hire a Jockey

Post by The Harlequins »

Hi all, have just read this on the jockey page.
Jockeys help to guide your horse around the racetrack. They make very little difference to your horse's overall performance, however, they can affect the outcome of a close race. Jockeys are talented - they can ride all over the world each race day! One jockey can ride all of your entries, except that no jockey can ride two horses in one race. If you have more than one entry in a race, then you must have more than one jockey in your stable, or you can hire an unemployed jockey just for one race - you will have that option available when you enter. You can create them for $30,000 in SIM money whenever you want. If that is too expensive, you can also hire an unemployed jockey for $15,000. If you are ever dissatisfied with your jockey's performance you can fire him or her.

I only have 1 stable jockey.

I have entered 2 horses in a race before, have i been paying to hire one, as i cannot see it in my accounts.

Frank.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Hire a Jockey

Post by Carole Hanson »

No you don’t pay to hire a jockey for a single race, you only pay to hire them permanently. When you have a second jockey riding, you just get the first jockey that comes up alphabetically free of charge (though you can choose someone else of you’d like, also free of charge).