New Player - Started today and I NEED help!

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaylee Flowers
Two Year Old

New Player - Started today and I NEED help!

Post by Kaylee Flowers »

I am a new player and I am looking for someone to explain a ton of stuff to me. I started the game today and I am very enthusiastic about how in depth the game is but I am having a hard time figuring out what to do. I have kinda read some of the other posts in here but it is all a bit overwhelming.
All I have done so far is created my first horse and I have him entered in a beginner level race.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: New Player - Started today and I NEED help!

Post by Dylan Christensen »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47222&p=409906& If you make a post over there they should be able to help you out in finding a more permanent mentor. In the mean time you can message me in game with any questions you might have and I’ll do my best to help
yeah
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Welcome, Kaylee!

My best advice is to read the following sections to learn more about the game:

First read the Help Section
Then, check out the FAQ
It may also be helpful to read past steward notices as well as older posts in the new player forum. The New player section of "The Feature Race" can also sometimes be helpful (and sometimes is not helpful).

And you can always sign up for a Sim Mentor

After that, feel free to ask specific questions either here in the forum or in the chat. Lots of players are happy to help out a new player with advice -- and sometimes even with some free horses.

My advice would be to always be careful about buying horses early on. Never spend a lot on a horse and make sure that at least until you understand the game you only buy horses using the "recommended" tab on the sales page. The "recommended" horses are at least "productive" gallopers which should be a good fit when starting out at trial park.

Good luck! The game takes awhile to really understand but is a lot of fun once you get going.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Kaylee Flowers
Two Year Old

Post by Kaylee Flowers »

I guess I will go ahead and read all the things that you guys linked and then if I still need help I will sign on for a mentor. Thanks you guys!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Hello, Kaylee, and welcome to the game. I hope you love it as much as we do!

The first thing I will say, is your new horse is entered for WK3 Day1 and WK4 D1 races. If you run him in both races, you will likely break him. If he is "broken", he will be automatically pensioned and you won't be able to run him anymore. :( Horses need at least a 2 week break between races. If it was me, I would scratch him from one of the races.

That being said, this game is a game of patience, patience, patience! It is good to read everything you can about getting started, like previous posts have mentioned. It would truly help if you sign up for a mentor. A lot of "newbies" do this, and it is good to have someone who can answer your questions and help guide you along the way as you get started, and to learn the game.

Don't worry about purchasing broodmares, it will be a while before you are able to start breeding. Your best bet is to look for horses on the Recommended Sales page for Newbies, and look for nice horses that will consistently earn you some money. It is good to earn money and stockpile some if you can. You are already running at Trial Park, and this is good! Take full advantage of Trial Park while you are a newbie.

Log into the Chatroom sometimes and you can ask questions; most people are happy to help newcomers.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you have questions and I will try to help you or point you in the right direction. And have fun!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Welcome! Try to relax and take your time, there's a lot to learn with this game.

Some good articles here:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

Welcome Kaylee,
I joined just over a month ago. There is a lot to learn, but you will soon get the hang of it. There are a lot of helpful players in the game. Also I suggest you read Regina Moore's new player articles. And most of all have fun.

Bertie
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Welcome to the pleasuredome Kaylee
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.