She won't run (maybe confidence question part 2)

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

She won't run (maybe confidence question part 2)

Post by Ma Springs »

Ok, anyone got an idea about what to do with this girl?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1060971

She gallops stakes this season (or so my trainer tells me, haven't seen it for myself yet), but her speed figures are not too impressive. No weather preference, eq set. Has she lost her confidence (I don't think I can drop her into "easier competition", where can you find that outside Trial Park except some 500 dollar claim race?) or is she just a semi-bad stakes horse (maybe she doesn't like the winter season and will come back when it's getting warmer outside... :roll: )

I'll try to find some good spot for her and try get a win, but any idea or suggestions on what to do with her are welcome!
Last edited by Ma Springs 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: She won't run (maybe confidence question part 2)

Post by The Harlequins »

Morning Ma, i had the very same issue a few weeks ago.

I turned to Kanaski Park days 2 and 4 very small fields in loads of 30,000 and 50,000 small stakes races.

There thats let my cat out of the bag :lol:

Regards another newbie searching the worlds tracks :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

She might be unfit, before she was sold to you she had 4 weeks of total inactivity, you did gallop her pre-season but that wouldn’t be enough to get her fitness up. The race week 1 probably took her to ‘training well’ but then she got another 3 week break of nothing so she lost all fitness again. You can either race her every 2 weeks trying to get her fitness up or you can take her out of racing and train her. That’s personally what I would do, jog her week 5 day 3 or 4 and see what her fitness is, because she has raced it should be at least training well. In that case, I would gallop her week 6 day 3 and then jog afterwards. If she’s not fit by that point, gallop her again week 7 day 1 and she should be fit by then.

Of course I can’t say for sure that this is the issue and I can’t guarantee that my training plan would work for her. Depending on her soundness she might be able to take shorter breaks or she might need more time to recover, you’d have to ask the vet a few times to keep checking that she won’t be injured.

Either way, after a training regime, I would race her at some point week 8. But again, make sure you don’t take me exactly word for word, you’ll know best what your horse needs!
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Thanks for ideas! Training to get fit, try again, maybe in smaller fields. Got it, I'll give it a try. Thank you! 😊
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Not to undermine Carole but I don’t believe horses start truly losing fitness until something like 4 weeks, take a look at Moon House who just won the Saudi Cup last night... depending what her soundness is I might try taking her out on 2 weeks rest and see if that does anything for her. She also hasn’t had a chance to run through her conditions yet, it seems like to me a lot of horses just need a chance to go through those non winners before seeing allowance company.
yeah
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

If she were mine, I would not race her again until she was totally fit. I don't believe in running a horse until they are really ready to run, as I believe it hurts their confidence. I would train her carefully until she was "fully fit". Then I would run her in an NW3 or whatever easy field I could find for her. One win is all it takes to get their confidence back. She hasn't won in a long time, her confidence level must be zilch. Good Luck with her, Ma!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

She was running in claiming class before you bought her and not winning so might just not be very good. Try to place horses according to how they run and not by the gallop rating. Some horses lose fitness quicker than others so it might be a fitness issue. Jog her today or tomorrow to see what her fitness is. Depending on that either gallop her a few days later or find a race week 6 or 7 I agree with Darcy, look for a NW3 race.

It might also be worth paying the vet for a soundness check to see how sound she is.