Simaholic

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Simaholic

Post by Bertie Bassett »

So last night I finally accepted that I have become a bit of a Simaholic.

While I was busy bidding on an auction my wife came into the room and started to ask me something. Without even looking up from my pc screen I calmly told her to be quiet as I was busy with the Sim. As soon as I said it I knew I had made a mistake. Any married man on this planet will know that their wife has that special look, they don't have to say anything, just look. Let me just say that for the rest of the night and all of today I have been sucking up to her like you wouldn't believe. Good news she has finally come around, but I have learned my lesson. For now.

So hello I am Bertie and I am a Simaholic.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Simaholic

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Hi Bertie! Welcome!

I too am a Simaholic, I’m a stay at home mom and at least a part of my mind is always on the SIM, thinking about a breeding, what mare I’m going to try to get a lease on, a possible campaign trail, or even fantasizing about the future! 😂

100% addicted!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Help yourself to the cookies and coffee.

Restrooms are down the hall and to your left.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Linda Massimini II
Two Year Old

Post by Linda Massimini II »

Hi Bertie,

Been playing for a few weeks and also have committed faux pas as well LOL. Ah well, hubby is accustomed to my eccentricities by now and as long as I share my excitement at a great workout or race, then he at least gets it :}

Linda

P.S. I really love your articles!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Bertie Bassett wrote: 4 years ago So last night I finally accepted that I have become a bit of a Simaholic.

While I was busy bidding on an auction my wife came into the room and started to ask me something. Without even looking up from my pc screen I calmly told her to be quiet as I was busy with the Sim. As soon as I said it I knew I had made a mistake. Any married man on this planet will know that their wife has that special look, they don't have to say anything, just look. Let me just say that for the rest of the night and all of today I have been sucking up to her like you wouldn't believe. Good news she has finally come around, but I have learned my lesson. For now.

So hello I am Bertie and I am a Simaholic.
Wow, Bertie! I'm surprised you aren't still in the doghouse! lol
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yeah, after i sat up last night to listen to the Saudi races I realize i am in the same boat. Its Sims Ark, lets row.
;p
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

You are not alone in this! I'm in too. :shock: Sneaking off to the basement to do some "laundry", not to upset family with mobile phone in hand all day...! :lol:
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I look in from time to time :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.