What do you do with your late bloomers?

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Re: What do you do with your late bloomers?

Post by Laurel Addams »

I'm really appreciating all of the information in this thread, will be coming back to this later for sure!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 40k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 20k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 7.5k
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

If your not the New player CHAMP next season Laurel i will run 5fl naked on YOU TUBE in winter lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago
(I really need to get fewer active horses racing, it's taking a bit too much time juggling the hundreds I've been racing this year. But I have absolutely no skills getting rid of any.
You could always put some on the New Player list. Since you have hundreds (congrats on your success btw), putting horses that have been finishing 4th or 5th at TP on the New Player list for a low price would get money earners to some newbies without costing you any big purses. Horses that are "just another Monday's slightly disappointing results" for you could be very exciting to someone looking to spend their week 2 money on reliable runners.

If they roll the dice and improve into fast stakes runners or freaks, well, then you've really made someone's day. If they don't then you've gotten rid of an underperformer. Either way it's a win-win.

Just a thought, anyway.
Last edited by Gwen Morse 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I reread your text again, Ma. Admittedly I missed this text when I read it the first time:
And since I read a comment from The Steward about a GPed youngster that "would have been great as a 4 yo" I cannot manage to toss a singel one!
Not certain that you're thinking of my horse, but I also have a retired "would have been great as a 4yo". She is however not a late bloomer but a progressive. So you're not safe there either. :)
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 3 years ago I reread your text again, Ma. Admittedly I missed this text when I read it the first time:
And since I read a comment from The Steward about a GPed youngster that "would have been great as a 4 yo" I cannot manage to toss a singel one!
Not certain that you're thinking of my horse, but I also have a retired "would have been great as a 4yo". She is however not a late bloomer but a progressive. So you're not safe there either. :)
Ash, it was (sorry! :?). Progressive? Oh no, now I need to keep almost all of my trotting ponies!

No, just kidding. Almost helps to hear. Starting to get what you all are saying. Keep the once that work and maybe the well bred. Rest goes. I'll try. ;) Thank you and good night! :)
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago (Are routers more often late bloomers than sprinters? Or does it run in the family and the peak time is relative to the length of the career..? Ah, sorry, don't mean to over think it but some of your comments there made me a little curious... Will go have a look in my barn. :) )
It's definitely hereditary to some degree. Not sure if there is a random element to maturity, but for sure certain families/sirelines are later maturing than others.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago Starting to get what you all are saying. Keep the once that work and maybe the well bred. Rest goes. I'll try. ;) Thank you and good night! :)
I saw three horses from you on the Recommended list today. Congrats on taking the first step :D.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago Starting to get what you all are saying. Keep the once that work and maybe the well bred. Rest goes. I'll try. ;) Thank you and good night! :)
I saw three horses from you on the Recommended list today. Congrats on taking the first step :D.
Thank you very much! Small steps. This thread has become my therapy group! :D
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500