Hi there

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Hi there

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I joined last night and just wanted to say hi and thank the folks that gave me tips via chat and mail thus far. I am still reading, reading, reading as instructed :)

In RL I live near Los Angeles and have owned horses in the past. Now I have shares in 5, 3 in SoCal, 1 in NY, and 1 in KY. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Re: Hi there

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Welcome to the game! Hope you stick around, it can be a bit tough in the beginning as the game requires a lot of patience, but that complexity makes it all the better in the long run! Sounds like you're on the right way already, getting in contact with people and always asking questions makes things easier and more fun, and you'll find that almost everyone here is glad to help out a new player.

There's also been a thread get to know your fellow simsters where a lot of people have been sharing stuff about themselves :)
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Hi, Kelly, and welcome to the game! Sounds like you are starting out well by reading everything in sight! :) As Lisa mentions, it is a game of GREAT PATIENCE, but so much fun. You can also sign up for a mentor if you like. Always feel free to holler if you have any questions, via PM or Chat; most everyone would be happy to assist or answer questions, etc. I hope you will love the game as we all do!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Doug Cuomo
Derby Contender

Post by Doug Cuomo »

Welcome Kelly! Keep on reading =)
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

Hi Kelly,

I am an expert of 3 weeks so welcome to the club.

Bill
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Welcome Kelly and William.

I've been here about 3 months and it's been a blast. You've mentioned reading a lot. The most helpful reading for me was all of Regina Moore's old articles: https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Thanks for the welcome and the tips everyone. I am learning alot. :ugeek:
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Welcome to you both,
Gwen is spot on with Reginas' articles. There are other top tips in that section. on a wide range, but I keep going back to those specifically !!

happy racing !!