Race schedule

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Race schedule

Post by William Atteberry »

I am trying to lay out a strategy for entering my horses over the season. I only see 2 weeks in advance for season 56. Are the races the same year over year, In which case I can print off season 55, and get a feel for when certain types of races occur. Yes I am aware that for flat racing thoroughbreds that represents over 23,000 races.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Race schedule

Post by The Harlequins »

Hi Bill, if you look under your Manage on the top bar, scroll down to Circuits ,it will give you all this seasons races .

Give the trial park races your upmost attention followed by Alaska cheap claimers ,for the horses you most likely have.

Regards Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Thanks. That is a smaller list than 23000 :)
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

You have a healthy looking barn there Bill,just keep in mind not to overface your boys n girls, stay as low a quailty race as you can for a few weeks, get your bank up and up.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

And DONT by a horse of the market becauce its 1 dollar.........think .Pyrite. lol
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Thanks. I have noticed a drop in quality the past 7 days over what was available pre-season. I've got a couple of holes to fill, but nothing critical.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

The only reason i have replied to your post is,

I am a new player and those principles worked for me, get your bank roll up, ask the bigger stables if they are willing to do a trial park package, may cost, but am sure they will take a spread of the cost over 3-4 weeks ,i will not name stables ...but they did for me....just a angle thats a possibllty to grow.

Thanks Glenn and pete ..........OOPS....big gob Frank
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I’d add, be careful what deals you’re making, keep track of them as well so you don’t end up forgetting in the future, just some newbie advice! ;)
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Thanks. Any and all help welcome. I did get some helpful advice in the pre-season, that guided some of my early purchases. Also picked up a mentor to help. It has been a fun couple of weeks. I think starting in the pre-season helped. The market was full, you just had to resist buying everything you saw. But with nothing else going on, you could read lots of data points and watch what everyone was doing.