6 trips

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

6 trips

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

6 trips to Hacklu on the same horse and he won't give up the second piece of equipment? Is there a limit set as to how many times this happens, like there is with the jockey?
Last edited by Kelly Haggerty 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: 6 ttrips

Post by The Harlequins »

Kelly, not sure if i am right or not,but there are only 4 pieces he shows up ,t tie, lasix, front b and hind b. have they not shown up on gallops?
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

TB that is
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

My understanding is that health doesn't show on gallop. Also, there is no limit as to when the vet will show them. At least with the health ones, there are only 4, so finding them in a workout is a little easier.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

My understanding is there are vet adds and trainer adds. Trainer adds show up on gallops or you can pay and get one. If the other is a trainer add she will say she needs to observe the horse but if a vet add she will say she cannot help. In that case you have to guess via works (about 25% of the horses I have bought or claimed had the wrong kit when this approach was used) or you can visit Hacklu and he will tell you. Eventually. But not in the first 6 tries in the case of my most recent purchase. $3k kinda seems like enough to pay for that info, though.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: 6 trips

Post by The Harlequins »

I am no expert by a long way, but have just finished trial park,i had the same issue because i got cheap horses with no gallops or full training.

With trial park you can get away with not having the right equips....if you have 1 already, i have won a good few to my surprise.

Just take a stab adding to the piece you have ....t-tie and race
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

It's a yearling so at least I have time to try works. Darn Hacklu!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I have easily gone 15 trips before a piece in the past.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

Kelly, this will help clarify the equipment process.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... leID=16854
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Before we got told if it was a vet or gallop piece, I vetted a horse 114 times and galloped 27. Still didnt get it so I just went with best work lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Got it, thanks everyone. I'll stop being impatient.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago 6 trips to Hacklu on the same horse and he won't give up the second piece of equipment? Is there a limit set as to how many times this happens, like there is with the jockey?
No, the vet can hold out as long as he wants, and he's a sour old bugger so expect the worst :(.

The two (free) options within your control are timed workouts and trying individual pieces in races. You can also buy Game Points and spend them at the trainer. When you spend the GP you get the other piece or get told when the horse only needs one piece.

Also, with vet pieces specifically, I've noticed that tongue ties and lasix are a _lot_ more common than bandages. If you want to try pieces in races, I'd start with those.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago 6 trips to Hacklu on the same horse and he won't give up the second piece of equipment? Is there a limit set as to how many times this happens, like there is with the jockey?
No, the vet can hold out as long as he wants, and he's a sour old bugger so expect the worst :(.

The two (free) options within your control are timed workouts and trying individual pieces in races. You can also buy Game Points and spend them at the trainer. When you spend the GP you get the other piece or get told when the horse only needs one piece.

Also, with vet pieces specifically, I've noticed that tongue ties and lasix are a _lot_ more common than bandages. If you want to try pieces in races, I'd start with those.
Thank you. I tried several more times but Doc H is not feeling very forthcoming today. I'll just figure it out in works over time and then ask the jock if I got it right. And he had the gall to ask for coffee yesterday! I'll coffee him alright.