NEW PLAYER WORTH A CHECK OUT

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

NEW PLAYER WORTH A CHECK OUT

Post by The Harlequins »

Hi guys i spent about 8 weeks racing my horses that were not equiped my not have been fully fit may not have been able to run in a race to be honest :lol:

But the thing that killed me was when i was told by a top player to ask the jockey agent about my jockey.

JEZZZZZZ what a shock, the agent basicilly said he would be hard pressed to make ballon shapes at a kids party.

If you have a few bob spear ask him about your jockey.

Not sure how much deferance it makes but my new ones comments are ....becoming an acomplished jockey.

If you go on a search for a new one...Frank Flynn is not your man :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: NEW PLAYER WORTH A CHECK OUT

Post by Dave Trainer »

Jockeys make very little difference unless its a very close finish.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Hi guys i spent about 8 weeks racing my horses that were not equiped my not have been fully fit may not have been able to run in a race to be honest :lol:

But the thing that killed me was when i was told by a top player to ask the jockey agent about my jockey.

JEZZZZZZ what a shock, the agent basicilly said he would be hard pressed to make ballon shapes at a kids party.

If you have a few bob spear ask him about your jockey.

Not sure how much deferance it makes but my new ones comments are ....becoming an acomplished jockey.

If you go on a search for a new one...Frank Flynn is not your man :lol:
I once played a racing game where I hired an apprentice jockey to get a weight allowance. The game warned that these could be unreliable and not have much insight. After the race his comment was "thank you for letting me ride your horsey, it was lots more fun than playing pretends with a broom handle". Maybe ol' Frank gets around lol.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

To my understanding, jockeys in this game are a very small part of the equation when it comes to winning. Does that make me want anything less than the best? Of course not, and a bit into my career I made sure I had two jockeys with the best comment. But it’s not something I believe new players, especially those with limited funds/game points for hiring jockeys and asking the agent, should stress over. This is a widely-held belief by veteran players.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

I have three jockeys. One is my starting Jockey, who rides like a sack of potatoes. I keep her out of sentiment but I rarely put her on horses now.

I have two other jockeys, one has a good-but-not-great comment and one has the best comment. They trade off in all my races.This was a one-off expense and now I never have to worry about it again. I don't feel the need to have three perfect jockeys.

I am wildly jealous of whoever has Walter Farley as their jockey. :D
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100