New Player, Hi - Is it worth spending 10K on a horse for Trial Park

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Trent Mcevoy
Sprinter

New Player, Hi - Is it worth spending 10K on a horse for Trial Park

Post by Trent Mcevoy »

Hi all, New player here. I have a question. Is it worth spending 10k on a horse for the newbie trial park track ?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: New Player, Hi - Is it worth spending 10K on a horse for Trial Park

Post by Carole Hanson »

Most probably not but if you have a specific horse in mind you could link it here (or by private message in game if you prefer) and I’ll let you know my thoughts. Don’t worry I have no interest in buying it myself.
Trent Mcevoy
Sprinter

Post by Trent Mcevoy »

Thankyou I sent a message
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

As some extremely loose rules of thumb...the two best kinds of horses for very new players Trial Park:

Horses who have been earning money in their starts but haven't won a maiden yet. This would be horses who finish 2nd-5th over and over.

Horses who have won at least 2 starts (a maiden and something else) and are also still earning money in their last 3 starts.

Also, try to avoid paying more than 5k for a horse until you feel like you know what you're doing.

I know it's hard when you first start because you don't have many horses. The more you participate on the forums and in chat, the more starter horses will get sent to you. Also check the Recommended sales list every day you log in, and also check the New Player forum for people offering free/discount horses to new players. Before you know it you'll have more horses than you know what to do with :D.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100