Hello

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cody Todds
Two Year Old

Hello

Post by Cody Todds »

Hello every one, Im Cody Todds, Australian male, looking to run stbp and stbt mostly, looking forward to racing and meeting many of you all trackside. Looks like a lot of fun to be had here.
'peeping from the bushes"
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Hello

Post by Carole Hanson »

Hi Cody! When you’re a new player, I suggest you also run some thoroughbreds so that you can make full use of Trial Park (which is for thoroughbreds only and at which only new players can run their horses). Make sure you look at the help section, some useful information and video tutorials there! But don’t be afraid to ask questions, and enjoy the game! :)
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Greetings, Cody, and welcome to the game!

Carole is correct; you would do best in getting some TB's to run at Trial Park in Canada. You can race Dirt and Turf TB's at TP. It is only for "newbies", so you don't have to compete with more experienced players just yet. The main goal is to run horses at TP to stash some money away. After some money put away, you can start to pick up some Pacers and/or Trotters along the way.

This game does require a great amount of patience and some strategy and a good amount of luck.

Read everything you can get your eyes on; Regina Moore has some very good articles for newbies; use the tutorials, and you might want to sign up for a mentor, to help you get started.

Racers need at least 2 weeks between races; be careful to not overwork them. Active racers very rarely need any training, unless they have a 4 week or more break between races. If you overwork your horses or enter too soon, you have a very good chance of "breaking" the horse. Ship to the closest farm between races (I believe Peyto Stables is the closest to Trial Park). Horses rest much better at farms than at the track.

Be careful when purchasing horses; make sure they are not pensioned or retired before you purchase. Don't worry about gathering broodmares right now; that can come a bit later. Look for some good runners that have hit the board recently. Come into the Chatroom when you can; you can ask questions and sometimes receive horses to run from veteran players.

This game is terrific, and well loved by many. I have been playing since 2011; there are a number of players who have been playing since the game began years ago. I hope you will love the game as much as we do. You can PM me if you have questions. Good Luck!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Cody Todds
Two Year Old

Post by Cody Todds »

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the good advice , Ill be sure to be in touch if i have questions.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Welcome, fellow Aussie!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

Hi Cody, Welcome from one newbie to another
Cody Todds
Two Year Old

Post by Cody Todds »

Hello everyone, hope your days are all full of sunshine and toffee apples