Post Position

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Post Position

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Hello all,
I don't post often, as I tend to ramble on and on and then the question I had gets lost in the waffle....so,
I understand that the P1 position is not an ideal start position, not insurmountable, but not ideal.
Is this a condition of the SIM or does it have it's basis in real life US racing?. If it follows real life, then what is the reason for it ? ie.. are the courses and bends tighter than UK, is it the surface ? I'm only a part time follower here in the Uk,mostly over the jumps, and I know even less about US racing..!!

Also, with regard to SIM chasing....does the P1 have the same effect on chasers...it shouldn't matter over 2-3 miles, but does it?

There, I think I manged it....thank you for your time....
Jimmy
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Post Position

Post by Dave Trainer »

PP1 can be a disadvantage or an advantage, it depends on the type of horse. Just like rl racing and its the same in the UK.

If you have a fast starter he can get in front on the rail and that is the best position on the turns. If its a slow starter it will either be boxed in and not get a run or have to go wide, losing ground.
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Re: Post Position

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Cheers Dave,
that makes sense,