♛ 56.16.1 - The Inaugural Kingswood Pensioner Classic

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

♛ 56.16.1 - The Inaugural Kingswood Pensioner Classic

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Kingswood Pensioner Program started in Y54 as a way to help out newer players with the increase in cost of sending horses to Greener Pastures, and the loss of the gelding income. Since then I have been trying to find a way to use the money to do a prize or something for newer players, to “give it back” so to speak.

Earlier today I had the idea to host a stakes and add on the amount earned in the previous year, rounded to the nearest $50k (since those are the increments available). Since this is the inaugural race, and there has been 2 years of earnings the purse will likely be larger than next years. Pep talk your pensioners before you send them over if you guys want bigger purses haha 😉

I tried to host it at Child’s Play Park, which is the closest Kingswood “home track” to Trial Park, but the Create A Race isn’t letting me so it will just be at Trial Park! **Fun fact! Apparently Child’s Play Park is for 2yos only! The things you learn! ***Also it would have been graded but I can’t make graded stakes for New Players Only.

Y54 Pensioner Income: $70,000
Y55 Pensioner Income: $177,500

Year-56 Week-16 Day-1 (9pm) Trial Park (CAN) Condition: Fast. 1 1/8 miles. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Kingswood Pensioner Classic." New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Stakes. Purse $300,000 (40 points) 0/12 entries

Hope to see a good turn out!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: ♛ 56.16.1 - The Inaugural Kingswood Pensioner Classic

Post by Dylan Christensen »

It’s really cool that you’re doing this but there has already been a big thread about hosting stakes week 16 at Trial Park with a Dirt Route race being sponsored. Maybe you could post on that thread as well and see if the other race can be moved to a different division as this kind of undermines that work that has been done.
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Congratulations to William Atteberry and Keep Step in winning the Inaugural Kingswood Pensioner Classic!

I even made a trophy!

You and your horses name will forever be on the Kingswood Pensioner Program main post <3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

Thanks Rochelle,

That is a honor we will always treasure. The trophy will go on the mantle next to our golf championships.

Thanks for sponsoring the race.