New player... Need help!

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emma Hendrickson
Two Year Old

New player... Need help!

Post by Emma Hendrickson »

Okay so hi guys! I literally just started playing so what should I do 1st? im slightly lost :lol:
Boo!! :shock: :o
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: New player... Need help!

Post by Darcy McBride »

Read, read, read everything you can, especially about "newbies".
When first starting the game, it can seem overwhelming.
You can also sign up for a mentor, which can be a huge help.
Be careful in spending your money on purchasing horses.
Look at horses for sale in the New Player Recommended. You want to find horses, mainly geldings, that will earn you money.
Don't worry about purchasing mares for breeding; that will come later down the road.
Make sure horses you are contemplating purchasing are not retired or pensioned; they can not race.
Come into the chatroom and ask questions; many players will be happy to answer/help you.

This is a game of great patience, but it is so much fun! There are players who have literally been playing for real life decades!

I hope this helps you some. Welcome to the game, and I hope you will learn to love it as much as most of us do!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... %20Players

Scroll about halfway down the page and look for the series of articles by Regina Moore. She'll have you an expert in no time!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

If the New Player Mentor program is still a thing I suggest getting one. And hanging out in chat is a good way to get a lot of info OR pick up someone willing to take you under their wing!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Mentor Program
Two Year Old

Post by Mentor Program »

It is still a thing, Emma has been in touch and we’ve allocated her a mentor. Fully recommend going in chat too though!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Don’t not recommended chat after hours though. There’s some drunk degenerates in there from time to time.
;p