Jockey Feedback

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jim Hoffman
Two Year Old

Jockey Feedback

Post by Jim Hoffman »

A couple of times, my jockey has told me that she thinks I had the wrong equipment on my horse in a race. What sort of change should I look to make, based on that feedback?
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Jockey Feedback

Post by Darcy McBride »

Hello, Jim. It would help if you could link the horse so we could look at her workouts.

Do you know for sure what at least one piece of equipment is? If so, the best thing to do would be try the second piece from the second fastest workout. That is assuming the horse is running with a known piece and the highest workout piece.

If both pieces are truly unknown, you may want to consider to stop racing until you can get the pieces figured out correctly, via gallops and workouts.
Be carefully to leave enough days between. I personally only do gallops every 4 days at the minimum. Workouts I do every 5 days at the minimum.

I hope this helps somewhat. Or link her or provide her name so we can see her workouts. (or his).
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Jim Hoffman
Two Year Old

Post by Jim Hoffman »

Hi Darcy,

It's happened in all 3 of my races. Two of them were with first time runners, so there is nothing to compare it with. But after I finished third in this race the other night, I received the same feedback.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1563695
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Jim Hoffman wrote: 3 years ago Hi Darcy,

It's happened in all 3 of my races. Two of them were with first time runners, so there is nothing to compare it with. But after I finished third in this race the other night, I received the same feedback.

You can pay to check one piece of equipment on the training screen, if you wish. When you pay you will always get the same piece, but you will learn whether a second piece is needed and if so whethr it is a trainer or a vet piece. If it is a vet piece Hacklu MAY give it up after a few visits (or not).
Also, sometimes a piece is randomly revealed by galloping and if that previously happened it will show in the history tab in the comments.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Jim Hoffman wrote: 3 years ago Hi Darcy,

Jim, I sent you a PM.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED