Experienced players that will be serving as mentors

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Experienced players that will be serving as mentors

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Age and game experience are factors to consider for any sets of new players when gauging success at trial park to start their careers. And want to is a big one. Grinders gonna outshine meh 15 year olds all day in the rankings.
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

William Atteberry wrote: 3 years ago Having spent the first half of the year mostly away from TP. It is definitely harder. Let's give Trent credit where it's due. Whether a having super mentor or being super talent or both. He is an outstanding player in any division. He leaves newbie status today, so life at TP may well be back to normal. I wouldn't want to chase new players away from TP, it is still the best environment. I think racing at other venues as well is also wise, since that is where the real world lives and one should get some view about while still in newbie status.
Trent joined well after I did, and will be new for several more weeks. He has certainly played well, and he did the work. None of that changes what the impact on a new joiner will be.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Dang, you are right Kelley. Trent is dominating Trial Park. Guess the competition is light there right now.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 3 years ago Dang, you are right Kelley. Trent is dominating Trial Park. Guess the competition is light there right now.
Um, I think you just totally disseed him. Like he needs there to be no competition. As William said, he deserves more credit than that.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Oh, definitely no disrespect to Trent. He's the real deal.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Age and game experience are factors to consider for any sets of new players when gauging success at trial park to start their careers. And want to is a big one. Grinders gonna outshine meh 15 year olds all day in the rankings.
Em's question was how do we get the new players that come in to stay. That was the start of this whole thing. Not about rankings- everyone has different goals anyway- it is about making the game "sticky".
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I still don’t understand, why do we want new players to stay??
yeah
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago I still don’t understand, why do we want new players to stay??
(pounds fists and chants) cartoons, cartoons, cartoons!

But seriously, I think Admin would like to have people playing and buying GP and so forth. Comes in handy when it's time to pay for the servers and the rest of the crap behind the scenes.