Experienced players that will be serving as mentors

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Experienced players that will be serving as mentors

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Please check the new player rankings page for this year and also for last (https://www.simhorseracing.com/rankings ... &View=Wins). One new player has already earned over $5m in the first 4 weeks this season, and the new player with the second-highest win and OTB percentage has earned $55k. Also, maybe take a look at the race times/speed figs of the last couple weeks of TP results.

Other options, like claiming races, may be a better fit for them to earn some cash than Trial Park. I know I am repeating myself but I keep seeing the same advice of "enter your claimers and solids against multiple stakes horses" repeated as great advice for new players. Right now TP is no place to "get your feet wet", it's a place to get soaked.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Experienced players that will be serving as mentors

Post by The Harlequins »

Have started to change that Kelly,giving 2yr olds that are above solid 1 mile horses.......am not racing them
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Should have added.......to brand new players
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Not sure who’s saying to enter your claimers and solids in any stakes races that aren’t unfilled and even if people are saying that to get anywhere in this game you have to be able to discern between good and bad advice. Also, if a new player is getting lots of nice leases and doing well with them, good on them. I’ve leased plenty of nice horses to newbies who couldn’t figure out how to run them, good things come to good players.
Last edited by Dylan Christensen 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
yeah
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Not sure who’s saying to enter your claimers and solids in any stakes races that aren’t unfilled and even if people are saying that to get anywhere in this game you have to be able to discern between good and bad advice.
Not sure what itch you are needing to scratch, but I hope it is working for you. I don't necessarily agree that a brand new joiner should be expected to have great discernment and, regardless, my post was for mentors whom the new players should trust to advise them well (else what is the point?).
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Have started to change that Kelly,giving 2yr olds that are above solid 1 mile horses.......am not racing them
That's good. So long as they get some help entering them outside of TP, like in TN or AK or wherever they fit.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Not sure who’s saying to enter your claimers and solids in any stakes races that aren’t unfilled and even if people are saying that to get anywhere in this game you have to be able to discern between good and bad advice.
Not sure what itch you are needing to scratch, but I hope it is working for you. I don't necessarily agree that a brand new joiner should be expected to have great discernment and, regardless, my post was for mentors whom the new players should trust to advise them well (else what is the point?).
Two things with this, even when you are new there’s no way you shouldn’t be able to tell a horse that belongs in bottom claimers from a legit stakes horse, at least not if you’re going to be decent. As for this post being towards mentors, whatever mentor is telling a newbie to enter claimers and solids against legit stakes horses shouldn’t be a mentor but I don’t feel like this is actually the case, people are just reading into what they’re saying wrong.
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

They have been,...would like to add Kelly, in my humble view, a well bred soild can match a so so Alowance. :lol:

Frank
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago They have been,...would like to add Kelly, in my humble view, a well bred soild can match a so so Alowance. :lol:

Frank
How do you assume this Frank?
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Just my View Dylan,...i know we have not bonded on the internet format thing.

I saw your post about aws earlier ......Swap me something that i am racing for this www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1136210.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Just my View Dylan,...i know we have not bonded on the internet format thing.

I saw your post about aws earlier ......Swap me something that i am racing for this www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1136210.
I’m just curious why this is your view, I’m not disagreeing necessarily

That’s also not an AWS
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I am just a new player with a view that differs in races up to 1mile
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago Please check the new player rankings page for this year and also for last (https://www.simhorseracing.com/rankings ... &View=Wins). One new player has already earned over $5m in the first 4 weeks this season, and the new player with the second-highest win and OTB percentage has earned $55k. Also, maybe take a look at the race times/speed figs of the last couple weeks of TP results.

Other options, like claiming races, may be a better fit for them to earn some cash than Trial Park. I know I am repeating myself but I keep seeing the same advice of "enter your claimers and solids against multiple stakes horses" repeated as great advice for new players. Right now TP is no place to "get your feet wet", it's a place to get soaked.
The 2nd player on both win % and otb% has earned more than 100k not 55k
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Jack Ryder wrote: 3 years ago
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago Please check the new player rankings page for this year and also for last (https://www.simhorseracing.com/rankings ... &View=Wins). One new player has already earned over $5m in the first 4 weeks this season, and the new player with the second-highest win and OTB percentage has earned $55k. Also, maybe take a look at the race times/speed figs of the last couple weeks of TP results.

The 2nd player on both win % and otb% has earned more than 100k not 55k
TB only- since any other breed not really relevant to the discussion of what TP is like.
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

Having spent the first half of the year mostly away from TP. It is definitely harder. Let's give Trent credit where it's due. Whether a having super mentor or being super talent or both. He is an outstanding player in any division. He leaves newbie status today, so life at TP may well be back to normal. I wouldn't want to chase new players away from TP, it is still the best environment. I think racing at other venues as well is also wise, since that is where the real world lives and one should get some view about while still in newbie status.