Past Performance speed figures missing?

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Re: Past Performance speed figures missing?

Post by Jack Christensen »

I think that only letting SIMperior members see speed figures leans too hard into a pay to win type of game, but it's not up to us
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Having speed figures doesn’t make the horse run faster. You can win without it, as people do when they first join. Simperior just makes things easier to do/understand....it has no impact on how the horse runs so how is it pay to win?
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Gavin Guile wrote: 3 years ago Having speed figures doesn’t make the horse run faster. You can win without it, as people do when they first join. Simperior just makes things easier to do/understand....it has no impact on how the horse runs so how is it pay to win?
Agreed.

The game needs to pay for itself, Game Points are how that happens, and they're not gonna sell a lot of Game Points if high-value game features like SFs are free to use.

There are plenty of ways to play this game effectively without paying, if that's your thing, but kicking in a few bucks here and there not only makes your game life easier but ALSO supports the team that works and has worked so hard to make the SIM into what it is.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

It's not pay to win for SIMperior members to have access to SF's. And trust me, I am the first person to complain if I think something is "pay to win"
As I said in someone else's post regarding this situation, you can get a pretty good idea of the horse's speed figure by looking at its finish times, which is what I had to rely on for about five years when I played the game for free.

LIFE HACK: Did you know that the SIMusium has win records from an array of races, on different surfaces, at different distances, and it actually has the speed figures posted? You don't have to be SIMperior to see those. Study them. They will give you an excellent reference-base for what finish times equal which speed figure(s).
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

It's worth remembering in this conversation that speed figures were around many years before past performances became a thing. So many a generation of sim players survived their newby days of not having access to speed figures without getting simperior. I know I did
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago It's worth remembering in this conversation that speed figures were around many years before past performances became a thing. So many a generation of sim players survived their newby days of not having access to speed figures without getting simperior. I know I did
And, there was a period before the period Tammy is referring to where there were no speed figures, period. I get that it is frustrating to have access to something, and then not, but I would not characterize this as a pay to win feature. It is definitely a time-saving feature.