Wow

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Wow

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I have 70 foals. I realize for experienced players that's nothing, but I feel like a bloodstock tycoon over here! I am so excited for Festivus and then Y59. I'm gonna go get me some cigars and bowler hat, just to be ready.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Wow

Post by The Harlequins »

What are you going to focus on Kelly at this stage anyway?
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago What are you going to focus on Kelly at this stage anyway?
Mostly TR and TM, with a few good-quality DS thrown in there so that the early part of the season has more action. Right now I've bred 30 TR, 30 TM (all by Read The Signs since I am getting him started), and 8 DS.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago I have 70 foals. I realize for experienced players that's nothing, but I feel like a bloodstock tycoon over here! I am so excited for Festivus and then Y59. I'm gonna go get me some cigars and bowler hat, just to be ready.
Yes, wow, that's nice!
My first year I bred 50, mostly quite bad runners, and swore I would only breed half of that next year cause I couldn't stand all the claimers. 😅
Second year I bred 65. They are looking better. Still feels like a lot! (How do the big stables handle several hundreds? 🤔)
I have 63 foals now and a few left to breed. They look super cute. 😍 I hope some of them will make me happy at Festivus!
Cigars you say... We'll see about that, but very much looking forward to Festivus! Good luck to us all! 😊
Last edited by Ma Springs 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Best wishes to you both in your next stage of the game (Homebreds) i am doing trotters and pacers for a few seasons.

Frank.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago I have 70 foals. I realize for experienced players that's nothing, but I feel like a bloodstock tycoon over here! I am so excited for Festivus and then Y59. I'm gonna go get me some cigars and bowler hat, just to be ready.
Yes, wow, that's nice!
My first year I bred 50, mostly quite bad runners, and swore I would only breed half of that next year cause I couldn't stand all the claimers. 😅
Second year I bred 65. They are looking better. Still feels like a lot! (How do the big stables handle several hundreds? 🤔)
I have 63 foals now and a few left to breed. They look super cute. 😍 I hope some of them will make me happy at Festivus!
Cigars you say... We'll see about that, but very much looking forward to Festivus! Good luck to us all! 😊
My first season I bred around 50 foals (I smell a pattern here ;) ). My second I bred around 100 foals. This season I already have 70 foals and I'll be breeding more when lease mares are on offer during break. It's not hard to race a hundred or so young horses, as long as they're across divisions. I was given a batch of around 40 or 50 DMs to race this season (bringing my total of 2 y/os up to 100) and they were hard at the start to get into maidens (until some started winning). If I'd had 100 horses to race that were better mixed across divisions it would have been fine.

My real question is how the mass breeders handle racing thousands :D.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

My first season I bred around 50 foals (I smell a pattern here ;) ). My second I bred around 100 foals. This season I already have 70 foals and I'll be breeding more when lease mares are on offer during break. It's not hard to race a hundred or so young horses, as long as they're across divisions. I was given a batch of around 40 or 50 DMs to race this season (bringing my total of 2 y/os up to 100) and they were hard at the start to get into maidens (until some started winning). If I'd had 100 horses to race that were better mixed across divisions it would have been fine.

[/quote]

I am up to 79 now and looking to lease mares as the auctions come up. I don't think I will get to 100 this time around but that's ok. I am still excited for Festivus as I used GP sires pretty heavily this season and also cracked the pocketbook open and bred some nice mares to good proven SIM$ stallions. So it's a bit of a "foal salad" and I am eager to see how it goes.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago
You are not asking the right questions. Racing is the easy part.

The real question you should ask is how do you find proper equipment and names for them all in order to get them on the track.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago
You are not asking the right questions. Racing is the easy part.

The real question you should ask is how do you find proper equipment and names for them all in order to get them on the track.
That was actually Gwen's question, but your answer made me laugh. Someone hired me to name all their babies this year. So that is one way...find a newbie, junior, or anyone broke and pay them to name them and work them up for you.

Still, I can't see myself getting beyond about 300 in my racing barn. It just takes too much time with trying to also run my business so I can afford real and virtual ponies.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

think i am running before i can walk on paperboy wages :lol:
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Apparently I didn’t add in Y56 to my spreadsheet yet but my first year I bred 315, peaked in Y51 with 608, and it’s been slowly going down since then hahaha Last year I bred 165 and this year I’m at 90 so far.

I’ve only ever raced Allowance+ so finding equipment wasn’t too big of a deal, and I love naming things and did so for others for many SIM years as well! To help fund my crazy big goal crops 😂

Eventually I burnt out from racing so many horses and I’ve been running fewer and fewer. I currently only have 60 that I actively race, and they get whittled down throughout the year to make room for new 2yos :p

The biggest struggle I had was going from New to Junior when daily fees hit 😅 but everyone finds what works for them and gets their groove ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt