Dollar beasts

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Dollar beasts

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I am putting a few on the sales pages for $1. These are all progressives or LB.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Dollar beasts

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

what are the gallops on these beasts?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Mostly claimer/solid. Thus the $1 tag.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

It is important to discern that these likely aren’t “beasts” a smart new player can make a quick buck though
yeah
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago It is important to discern that these likely aren’t “beasts” a smart new player can make a quick buck though
Beast as in critter as in animal. I will buy back anything people don't want. Not a scam. Just some cheap horses that still have improvement potential.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I knew what you meant Kelly 🤷‍♀️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago I knew what you meant Kelly 🤷‍♀️
Thanks. I think Dylan's point was important. I call my cats "beast" and "heathen beasts" all the time. But a lot of people use the word to mean something like "freak" or "monster" and that isn't what I am saying here so it was good to clear up.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago It is important to discern that these likely aren’t “beasts” a smart new player can make a quick buck though
Beast as in critter as in animal. I will buy back anything people don't want. Not a scam. Just some cheap horses that still have improvement potential.
I know you don't mean any harm. Hard to convey some things via text
yeah
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago Thanks. I think Dylan's point was important. I call my cats "beast" and "heathen beasts" all the time. But a lot of people use the word to mean something like "freak" or "monster" and that isn't what I am saying here so it was good to clear up.
This makes me think about how the gallop categories sometimes make it hard to find good words. It's fraught to use words like "freak/freakish" or "solid". A "solid" racer would be a reliable money-earner, but a "solid" gallop usually isn't. A "freak" or "freakish" horse could just as easily be good or bad but a "freak" gallop is never considered bad. A "productive" broodmare would be one who drops one foal after another who earns money, but people might think she was a "productive" gallop.

And so on ...

PS - I call my cat some truly unflattering nicknames, like "hellspawn" and "child of Satan" :D.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100