Equipment Training questions

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Equipment Training questions

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

If one piece of equipment is found during the gallop, and if it doesn't say that's the only piece of equipment, I am assuming I should now workout with that piece of equipment, and cycle through 2nd piece of equipment in workouts? Or will the 2nd piece of equipment not be found in workouts. Also, when cycling through equipment should I go top to bottom, or is there a certain type of equipment that gets found more than others and I should try that first?
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Equipment Training questions

Post by Laura Smith »

If you find a piece while galloping or vetting, it's always the "second piece." Horses that only need one piece will never reveal it through galloping. That "first piece" can only be revealed by paying GPs (or by doing workouts.)

If you know one piece, the best thing to do is, like you said, set that one piece and cycle through all the others. You don't need to do it in any specific order, but do make sure that you always work at the same distance and try to keep a consistent interval between workouts (I do every 6 days, but every 7 is fine for simplicity.)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: Equipment Training questions

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I do not do workouts with the known piece of equipment; I do the other pieces independently. You should be able to get the second piece thru evenly spaced workouts (or more easily pay for the trainer to tell you). I don't know if it is true in the game, but in certain RL situations the addition of the known to the unknown will modestly squeeze all the results together. So doing the pieces independently you should theoretically get the greatest variability amongst the still unknown pieces. Its a bit more complicated than that, but that's the best way I know how to explain it in less than a long paragraph full of examples. Best, Lucas
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.