Equipment Advice New Horse

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Equipment Advice New Horse

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

I just raced a horse with no equipment, previous owner used none in workouts. Jockey advice said the equipment was wrong. What would you do stop racing him and just every week do the workout to find out which equipment works? Looking for advice.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Equipment Advice New Horse

Post by Dave Trainer »

Can you link the horse?
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

You could pay 500 GP to know one piece and have an idea of the 2nd piece if needed.
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

If I only had some GP, you rich guys :) lol
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

After six races with the wrong equipment you have the option of paying the jockey $5K to tell you the correct equipment.

So you have 3 options:
-Pay 500GPs
-Try workouts (with one piece once a week this will take you 10 weeks to only get a vague result)
-Throw random pieces on for races until either after the sixth race or randomly getting the correct pieces (which has happened before)

Also double check the gallop comments in the history just in case there was a random piece in there, a gallop piece will always be a second piece so that would be half the battle won already. If no gallop piece after that many gallops it is more likely either a second vet piece or a one piece so I would try random one pieces in races until you get to the 6th race.
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

thanks everyone!