Workout Guide for New Players!!!

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Workout Guide for New Players!!!

Post by Ren Marston »

Hey guys! So, I've just got done with the workouts for my first crop and I realized that since I was struggling until I made a handy guide, other new players might be too so I put together a little informational google doc that anyone can use to figure out what exactly you should be doing! Please note, I got all of my information from experienced players that were kind enough to help me out!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mgi ... sp=sharing
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Re: Workout Guide for New Players!!!

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

Great article!
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

The only thing i may disagree with is the buying of the first piece of equipment. May be too expensive for new players.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Greg Czechowicz wrote: 3 years ago The only thing i may disagree with is the buying of the first piece of equipment. May be too expensive for new players.
That's why i said if possible :)! I couldn't afford it for all of my yearlings, but I managed it for my six stakes horses which helped me get more honest workout times and for less than $5 real dollars which I think is fair enough

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Sorry didn’t see the if possible part
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Greg Czechowicz wrote: 3 years ago Sorry didn’t see the if possible part
lol nothin to be sorry about!

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Great timing for this writing. I know it's rather short and to the point (as I believe it should be), but maybe you could still also get it featured as an article? Especially if you can (or maybe already have from your post) get an experienced player to give it a view just to check everything.

In what research I've done, most of the best active Arabian routers have been working out at 6f and not 5f, but I'm quite sure both will give the same results equipment wise. And of course it may just be a coincidence in the limited sample of horses I've looked at. Also, if you could add steeplechasers it would be great.

Just some small suggestions from someone ever newer than you are who greatly appreciates you sharing your work. Thanks Ren! :)
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Maria Schreuder wrote: 3 years ago Great timing for this writing. I know it's rather short and to the point (as I believe it should be), but maybe you could still also get it featured as an article? Especially if you can (or maybe already have from your post) get an experienced player to give it a view just to check everything.

In what research I've done, most of the best active Arabian routers have been working out at 6f and not 5f, but I'm quite sure both will give the same results equipment wise. And of course it may just be a coincidence in the limited sample of horses I've looked at. Also, if you could add steeplechasers it would be great.

Just some small suggestions from someone ever newer than you are who greatly appreciates you sharing your work. Thanks Ren! :)
Good ideas! I did have two experienced players give it a once over, and they found all to be in order, and as for Arabians thats just my prefered distance so thats what i did for most of it though alot of people actually rotate through distances! And I didn't do steeplechasers or pacers etc because I don't run them so I'm a bit clueless on that half

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

This is an excellent A+ guide that any new players should look at when training their horses. I don't think I have anything to add to it other than: when doing the once a week workouts, don't do any other exercises in between the timed workouts. Also, don't start workouts until week 5 or you risk injuring your horses.
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Ren Marston wrote: 3 years ago
Maria Schreuder wrote: 3 years ago Great timing for this writing. I know it's rather short and to the point (as I believe it should be), but maybe you could still also get it featured as an article? Especially if you can (or maybe already have from your post) get an experienced player to give it a view just to check everything.

Good ideas! I did have two experienced players give it a once over, and they found all to be in order, and as for Arabians thats just my prefered distance so thats what i did for most of it though alot of people actually rotate through distances! And I didn't do steeplechasers or pacers etc because I don't run them so I'm a bit clueless on that half
Sounds great! Trotters and Pacers are pretty straight forward as they only have one distance available (1 mile), so if you want that would be easy to add.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Maria Schreuder wrote: 3 years ago

Sounds great! Trotters and Pacers are pretty straight forward as they only have one distance available (1 mile), so if you want that would be easy to add.
im conversing with a player right now to find out the right details to add!!! :P

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The only change I would make is yearling workouts technically open week 4 day 7 after barrier trials.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago The only change I would make is yearling workouts technically open week 4 day 7 after barrier trials.
really? i worked all mine out yesterday on day 6

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago The only change I would make is yearling workouts technically open week 4 day 7 after barrier trials.
really? i worked all mine out yesterday on day 6
The Steward told me after barrier trials when I asked 🤷‍♀️ Maybe you got lucky?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I worked all of mine yesterday, trainer wasn’t giving the warning at all and everyone was just fine, have done so for many sim years now and no injuries. I remember being confused about this when trials came out but it turned out neither trials or Saturday racing affected workouts.