Point based entry system

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Point based entry system

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

I like it but am wondering. Do these points roll off as aging/regression occur?
I'd hate to see a horse keep all it's points from past glories that it can't live up to currently as that
could lead to a more deserving horse being bumped.

In another example a horse has compiled all it's points in sprints. Will it carry those points if the
owner decides to try a route?

TYIA, I couldn't find any info on this in Help.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Point based entry system

Post by Carole Hanson »

Horses keep their points their whole career, they never lose any. And as far as I know, they keep points at different distances but not different surfaces. So if I had a turf router running a turf sprint, points would count. But if I ran that turf router in a dirt route/mile/sprint, the points wouldn’t count.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

Thanks, Carole, that leads to this question. Can horses regress as they age? I see nothing on this in Help/Horse Ability.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mark Mclaughlin wrote: 2 years ago Thanks, Carole, that leads to this question. Can horses regress as they age? I see nothing on this in Help/Horse Ability.
Yes, they can regress with age, in fact almost all of them do. They do it at a different pace though, so some will peak at 2 or 3yo and then regress quickly at 4, whilst others might not peak until they're 4 and only start regressing at 6. Some might take longer to regress, and others might regress in as little as half a season, there's no one clear answer as to how quickly it happens.