Old/new newbie in need of help

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Renee Scarted
Two Year Old

Old/new newbie in need of help

Post by Renee Scarted »

Hi all!

I joined last year, got my starter horse, entered it in a race... and didn't even come back to see how she did (she placed 4th, I would've been so happy about that). She since met a most unfortunate end and now won't even show up among my deceased horses so that's kinda sad. Anyways. I want to give this game another try but site navigation and I just don't agree, I can't find a lot of things, I get frustrated, etc. I wanted to sign up for the mentor program (to be mentored, not the other way around) but I can't even message a stable. I can't even look up people's horses. I'm very lost and would appreciate a LOT if someone could help me.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go read some articles, but site navigation x_x

Many thanks in advance <3
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Old/new newbie in need of help

Post by Laura Ferguson »

There's a bunch of video tutorials on the help page - they may be of help. Here's the link - the videos are towards the bottom of the page.

https://www.simhorseracing.com//help.php

To message the mentor program, click on My office on your home page, then inbox/messages, then create a private message. If you start typing Mentor Program in the To Player Name box, it should autofill the rest of the name and you can then send a message.

Hope that helps get you started!
Renee Scarted
Two Year Old

Re: Old/new newbie in need of help

Post by Renee Scarted »

Oh thank you so much! That's really handy, the user popping up as I type them, and I haven't thought to try that yet, so it was truly useful! I messaged the program now, though the profile said they were last online in April. Fingers crossed. I feel there's a bit of gap between what I can learn from pre-written guides and from talking with people, but there's still a huge library of resources on the site and I'm slowly going through that, it teaches me a lot and I hope I will see the effect in the next in-game year.