Breeder Awards

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Breeder Awards

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

I don't see anything on this in the Help files. How does this work? I did receive $700 from this, probably from my initial horse that I created upon joining. She won recently so I'm guessing it was from that. TYIA.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Breeder Awards

Post by Dave Trainer »

it is. If you breed a horse and it wins you get 7% of the purse.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Dave Trainer wrote: 2 years ago it is. If you breed a horse and it wins you get 7% of the purse.
TY, Dave. Is this a one time deal or every time they win going forth?
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Every win
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Thanks, Dave. Seems like something a new simmer should know as learning to manage your money seems to be key. I'm surprised this info is not prominent in the Help files if it exists at all.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mark Mclaughlin wrote: 2 years ago Thanks, Dave. Seems like something a new simmer should know as learning to manage your money seems to be key. I'm surprised this info is not prominent in the Help files if it exists at all.
This information actually used to be under “SIM Purses” in the help section, where a player made a handy purse breakdown chart for races which included breeder award payouts. That player’s website quite recently went down so unfortunately that page is gone now, I assume once the admin team has time they will update that page themselves (or indeed they might not be aware that it needs updating).

Also, it’s not like this information draws money out of your account, it gives you money instead so I don’t think it’s key to managing money as a newbie. The only horse that gives you breeder awards at this point is the one you create at the start, anything you actually breed in game won’t race until you’re very far out of your new player status and will have a very good idea of how to manage finances by then (hopefully).
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Thanks, Carole.