What should I make of this?

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Savina Lazaki
Sprinter

What should I make of this?

Post by Savina Lazaki »

So not long ago I started getting into mixers, and a couple days ago I extended that to harness. I claimed a handful of harness types for 3k each, when I went to check in on them I noticed that out of seven trotters their gallops were two freak and five stakes.

Sure they're older and haven't had a gallop for a while, and I understand that things can change over time but this seems really bizarre to me. Out of a much greater sample size of thoroughbreds, I've claimed maybe two old-timer stakes gallopers and certainly no freaks.

I went and looked at my appaloosa/paint/quarters and saw a similar skew toward high gallops (no freaks there though).

Are thoroughbreds rated differently? Is the commenter just overly optimistic about some breeds/completely out of her mind? What is this?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: What should I make of this?

Post by Carole Hanson »

As far as I know, freaks and stakes are incredibly common in harness horses and in chasers so it's not uncommon to claim one. Unfortunately this also means some freaks and stakes can't even break through claiming conditions (which is super silly).
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Re: What should I make of this?

Post by Peter Quill »

" Is the commenter just overly optimistic about some breeds/completely out of her mind?" Ha ha! I love it :-)