Custom Barns

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Custom Barns

Post by Ali Sills »

Hey all,

I bought custom barns and maybe I just don’t know how to set it up or use it, but I kind of hate it. How do you have your custom barns set up? How do you use them? Give me your pro tips!

Ali
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Custom Barns

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I have an "Icebox" barn for my late bloomers and steeplechasers. A foal barn with the sire and dam sire listed. And yearling barns for each division, and I add others when I need to work equipment.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

My barns are:

RACING BARNS
MONEY MAKERS Barn* - the default racing barn but with custom columns set how I like them
SPECIALS Barn - horses I race, but only the ones who run in stakes
CONDITIONS Barn - all my other racers, horses start here and can “graduate” to the Specials Barn
FS Improvers? Barn - pretty pedigree things that should have galloped better than they did
R Flat Pe Barn - Peak horses of running age who generally are allowance and below. Most get a shot at the track at least once. They live here until they are 4.5 before getting retired if they don’t improve.
R Flat Pr Barn - Progressive horses, same as the peak barn, but usually they don’t get a track attempt until they peak
R Flat L Barn - Late Bloomers, same as the other two
NEW PLAYER Barn - any allowance+ that I get grumpy racing and am willing to lease out

NIGHT CLUB Barn* - basic breeding barn with my custom columns
NURSERY Barn* - foals only
TINDER Barn* - studs only
B Favourites Barn - My favourite broodmares
B Maybe Barn - my maybe I’ll breed her maybe I won’t barn
B Lease Barn - mares for leasing
B Sell Barn - mares for selling
B BSA Barn - all my freshly retired runners get dumped into here
B Foals Hope Barn - my favourite babies get sorted here and when they turn a year old they go into the Specials training barn so I can find them easily haha this was more useful when I was breeding 300+ foals

NEWBS Barn* - training barn, custom columns
T Specials Barn - my favourite foals start the year here, then my stakes+ get sorted here after, they get special training treatment
T Flat Pe Barn - all my peak yearlings except stakes+ go here, move to the peak racing barn at 2
T Flat Pr Barn - all the progress minus stakes+, move to the progressive racing barn at 2
T Flat L Barn - late bloomers minus stakes+ move to the racing LB barn at 2
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I keep it pretty simple.

Racing barns:
Active Runners (I do all my entering from here - important columns are last raced, entered for, dam and gallop - I always reverse sort by last raced and filter by not entered and just go down the list)
2YOs equip not done (the B-string ones I didn't get figured out before the year changeover and didn't want to pay $ for. They mostly sit around and get regalloped twice a year)
Runners to wait on (generally decently bred late bloomers that I also gallop a couple times a year)
To Sell
Waiting for AJ (sit at my farm and wait until they turn 5)

Breeding barns:
Main Breeding (all broodmares that I intend to keep/breed for the year)
Mares to sell
Mares to lease
Stallions
Foals (this is a smartbarn)

Training barns:
Yearlings Equipped (these automatically transfer to the racing barn at 2)
Yearlings No Equip (whatever's left in here at the end of W16 goes to the 2YOs no equip barn)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.