New Player here - looking for horses & tips

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Willow Brook
Two Year Old

New Player here - looking for horses & tips

Post by Willow Brook »

Hi y'all, I'm Willow, a new player! I used to play this game a bit in the past, but it was a few years ago and I never won anything. So, I only know the very basic mechanisms of this game.
I'm looking for some horses that will help me start being competitive. I'm also open for tips and advice, I especially would like some tips on how to determine a horse's potential racing or breeding value.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: New Player here - looking for horses & tips

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Check your PMs for a couple TP geldings and some pocket change. Also, I was serious about those Regina Moore articles. She really lays things out well and there is a ton of info in there.

Monday we start Week 13 of a 16 week game year. There will be special stakes races for new players at TP in Week 16, so maybe that is something to look forward to and point towards.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Here is a list of Regina Moore articles, very helpful to read through, some may be a little outdated now but you will still learn a lot.

https://www.simhorseracing.com//feature ... pleID=5100

Are you interested in any specific type of horses? Thoroughbreds? Stock breeds? Arabians? Routers, sprinters, milers?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Lori Hamill wrote: 2 years ago Here is a list of Regina Moore articles, very helpful to read through, some may be a little outdated now but you will still learn a lot.

Are you interested in any specific type of horses? Thoroughbreds? Stock breeds? Arabians? Routers, sprinters, milers?
That's a nice link there!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Willow Brook
Two Year Old

Post by Willow Brook »

Lori Hamill wrote: 2 years ago Here is a list of Regina Moore articles, very helpful to read through, some may be a little outdated now but you will still learn a lot.

I heard that thoroughbreds are the best breed to start from as a new player, so I'll probably be racing thoroughbreds mostly
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

TB's are the only breed to race at Trial Park which is why new players tend to prefer them.