Noob Pedigree Question

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Noob Pedigree Question

Post by Nick Shredder »

I love looking at pedigree in RL and as I get ready to start breeding my own horses here I am doing the same thing. My question, is there any resources or a list someone has made of the best stallions in the past for this game. After they get pensioned they seem to disappear from the stud book so it makes it difficult for me to see who the horses I should be looking for in pedigree charts to get excited about. Basically I am asking who are the AP Indys, Mr. Prospectors, Northern Dancers, Galileos etc of this game? This is in part to help my breeding but also I also just like looking for those names in breeding lines.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Noob Pedigree Question

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

SIMperior helps. It shows gallop statistics for the stallions and has a stud book with additional information.
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

I have SIMperior and I 100% agree that it helps massively. I can click on a sire and pretty easily see if the he was decent or not. But unless I am missing something the sire disappears from the rankings when he is pensioned so I can't go to the Stud Book and see who the best sire was in Year 50 for example. I guess I am just looking for a short cut to quickly ID good pedigree during an auction instead of clicking through the pedigree. Probably just comes with time. I see me making a spreadsheet for this in the future haha
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

There aren't year-specific rankings, unfortunately, but there is a way to see who the all-time top horses in various criteria are/were even if they are dead or pensioned...
go to: Stud Book > Rankings > All Time (it's set to "Active" by default) > Choose the breed/division you are looking for
You can use this to look at broodmare sire rankings, Stakes winner percentages, offspring earnings, Ect.

Hope this helps!
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

It does! Somehow I missed those rankings. Not perfect but should be a good start for me to get an idea of who to be looking for in pedigree charts.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Nick Shredder wrote: ↑2 years ago It does! Somehow I missed those rankings. Not perfect but should be a good start for me to get an idea of who to be looking for in pedigree charts.
You can also look at the rankings for the various divisions on the rankings page. Check the last couple of seasons and see who sired the leaders.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

Do simmers offer their retired mares for breeding? I'm nearing the end of my New Player status and am interested in trying out a breeding. I'm not having much luck as I can't figure out where to get a mare. I have a Simperior account and can see The Studbook & Stallions, nothing on the ladies however. I suppose I could retire one ( don't want to do that yet ) or buy a retired mare ( don't want to pay for a grab ). Booking one seems the way to go but can't find any help. The help YouTube videos are not working so that's a dead end.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Watch the auctions. There are lots of broodmare lease auctions this time of year.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: ↑2 years ago Watch the auctions. There are lots of broodmare lease auctions this time of year.
OK, that seems to be the ticket. I was aware of lease auctions but it never occurred to me that broodmares would be in there, only racing stock. Should have figured that out, TY Kelly. I imagine it will be expensive.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Mark Mclaughlin wrote: ↑2 years ago
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: ↑2 years ago Watch the auctions. There are lots of broodmare lease auctions this time of year.
OK, that seems to be the ticket. I was aware of lease auctions but it never occurred to me that broodmares would be in there, only racing stock. Should have figured that out, TY Kelly. I imagine it will be expensive.
Ha, another thing I should have predicted, none available.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Ha, another thing I should have predicted, none available.
Wrong again, there are some available in the auctions but for some unknown reason they aren't displayed when using the Market/
Buy/Lease Horses filters. Apparently the Market/Auctions listings are separate listings.