Help with Stud Book column

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Help with Stud Book column

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

I'm currently a Junior and am thinking about my first breeding, can't find any info on this in New Player articles or Forum search.

When looking at a stallion list there is a column, BRED. If it's not populated by text ( eg. INFERTILE, BOOKED FULL ) then there are two numbers presented in a x/y fashion. y seems to be always 120 or 150. X can be any number less than y.

I'm guessing x is current bookings and y is maximum bookings, If this is the case why are some 120 and others 150? Can you set me straight? TYIA.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Help with Stud Book column

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Stud owners have to option to enable cross breeding for a cost of gp. Cross breeding permanently adds 30 slots. There is also the options to buy more slots at another rate of gp which adds even more slots. Those slots only last that one season
;p
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

x and y have nothing to do with bookings. x would be the number already bred plus slots reserved by the stud owner and y is the maximum number that can be bred.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Thanks, guys. Are x and y lifetime stats?
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Andrew already explained the Y: "Stud owners have to option to enable cross breeding for a cost of gp. Cross breeding permanently adds 30 slots. There is also the options to buy more slots at another rate of gp which adds even more slots. Those slots only last that one season"

And Dave explained the X : "x would be the number already bred plus slots reserved by the stud owner and y is the maximum number that can be bred." but didn't say that these foals and reserved bookings applied to the current year, so I'll mention that in the light of your latest question.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Thanks, Ash.