Should I buy a farm?

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Should I buy a farm?

Post by Ali Sills »

Looking for more experienced players advice - should I buy a farm? My numbers -
Breeding barn 272 horses
When foals are bred 272 foals
Training barn 468 yearlings
Training race age 138 horses

1,150 horses x $20 = 23,000 per week x 16 game weeks = $368,000/ game year

I would plan to put it by a track I frequent so some of my 1,000+ actively racing horses could also stay there when convenient.

Anyhow, thoughts?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Should I buy a farm?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

It is definitely a better deal to buy an existing farm where you only pay a cash fee and all the extras are included. New farms cost 2 million and then GP to buy the add on from there. Horses cost about 1000$ a year to keep. Day rate and birding fees but you’ll pay day rates on everything but pensioners at any farm.

Plus there is a 20k fee you pay quarterly, when you own. The income isn’t always enough to count on for anything. All that said, they are great for saving money when you’re breeding in mass quantities of mares and hold hundreds of foals, yearlings and 2yos all at once. Then you get to keep all the pensioners with pretty names that you want for free.
;p
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Unless you have like 25 million, it would be far more wise to purchase a nice stewardbred for 2 million. The stewardbred would be more of a potential game changer for you than a farm. So many players have a farm, that you really don't have many tennants you can count on other than yourself. They are not a gold mine and you can actually make more money each week by writing 4 articles. Just my opinion.
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Post by Ali Sills »

Appreciate both of you! Thank you!