Something for fun- Green All Over Series- Updated w/ Prizes

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Something for fun- Green All Over Series- Updated w/ Prizes

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

There is a new contest consisting of 4 races on the turf in weeks 7,10, 13, and 16 at Trial Park. Players will earn points for finishing in the top four spots (4 points for a win, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, and 1 point for 4th). Points will accumulate over the series, and there will be additional prizes for the 3 players that accumulate the most points. In the event of a tie horses with higher placings will prevail, and if that doesn't break the tie we'll figure something out. Hopefully that doesn't come up.

All of the races are open, 3yo and up and on the grass. There is one catch. In order to be eligible to earn points, horses must have been claimed (via a claiming race) by the new player for $50k or less in either year 60 or 61. Horses that have not been claimed can still run for the purse money, but will be ineligible to earn points for the end-of-series prizes. The distances are as follows: Week 7 6f, Week 10 8.5f, Week 13 7f, Week 16 9f.

Standings will be posted on this thread as the contest progresses, as will prize updates. If any other players want to donate prizes, toss in additional races for the series, or tout legitimate claimer prospects, feel free to post here also.

Newbies- horses claimed this week and next could potentially run in the first leg, so watch those claiming races!
Last edited by Kelly Haggerty 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Something for fun- Green All Over Series

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I likes!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Something for fun- Green All Over Series

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Awesome Kelly! Reminds me of the newbie races Maddy used to run. I’ll throw something in for prizes, probably a foal by one of my turf route studs. I’ll pm you as I’m open for suggestions.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Something for fun- Green All Over Series- Updated w/ Prizes

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Ok- so we have come up with three pretty great prizes. The winner will pick first, and then the runner-up, with the 3rd place getting the remaining prize. Here we go:

1) Choose a mare from the Nick Gilmore barn and pick a sire. He will breed the foal, insure it, and send it to you. (Thank you Nick).
2) Get a free lease of this blue hen for Y62. She is mass-hypo'd and is "A" to 8 TR studs as well as A- to DMB, A- to Fearless Spirit. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1467490
3) Get this allowance LB, sound, "no preference" TR colt, fully equipped and fit https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1502357&

Remember to watch the claiming races for good prospects soon, so you can enter beginning in Wk 7. Good luck!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Cool, thanks for setting this up--- too bad I have been on a 2 yold claiming tear this year! But can probably find a fw rattling around the barn that may at least fit conditions...

Thanks Again,
John
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
Gord's Secret (TS) 48.5k*
Five Star Hotel (TR) 23.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Gregwyn T
Sprinter

Post by Gregwyn T »

Wow, Thanks for this :D are the races sponsored by you guys or is it a race in the trial park?
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Is this for new players only or up to what level?
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The races are all sponsored stakes races at Trial Park, so new players.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1907417

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1907418

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1907419

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1907420

The series is loosely inspired by the new season of Bridgerton. What strategy will new players use? One good horse for all races, trying for points regardless of whether the distance is ideal, or will they use multiple claiming horses for the different legs? Will honor prevail, or will they channel their inner competitiveness from past games of pall mall, and knock their rival's claimer out of a win with a horse that wasn't claimed. Stay tuned, gentle readers.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

This looks great, Kelly! Fun. I almost wish I was still at TP! :P
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Vicki Johnson
Sprinter

Post by Vicki Johnson »

Has anyone ever failed graduation from newbie to junior????? Then I could play the game too...looks like fun!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Would there be any interest from juniors to have one of these series for them? I’d be happy to sponsor the races and I could round up some prizes too
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Sophie O'connor
Two Year Old

Post by Sophie O'connor »

Cleo Patra wrote: 2 years ago Would there be any interest from juniors to have one of these series for them? I’d be happy to sponsor the races and I could round up some prizes too
Yes please!!!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Don't forget to check those claiming races for prospects!