New Player - Shipping Distance Question

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sue Wentz
Sprinter

New Player - Shipping Distance Question

Post by Sue Wentz »

Hi everyone!

As a very new player, I've been working hard to acquire very affordable horses who, at minimum, show some promise of earning their oats. As a result, a few of my purchases are located across the globe - certainly nowhere near Trial Park. I'm torn between the logic of keeping them where they are or shipping them pretty considerable distances to take better advantage of the new player races. Does anyone have any advice on the sense of doing that or how long I should wait until starting them in their next races if I decide to ship? Would I want to stick with the two weeks (all other things being equal) or extend to three weeks, for instance?

Any advice--even non-shipping related--would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: New Player - Shipping Distance Question

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Welcome to the game. You definitely want to take advantage of that trial park as much as you can. I would find the horses a race 2-3 weeks after their last run and ship them to trial park 3 days before that race. From there you can send them to Peyto Stables after the race is run. If you can find an empty race or something you’re guaranteed to make money in that will soften those high shipping costs for the initial ship but you’ll save it the long run as well just be running in that new player competition
;p
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Check the races coming up at Trial Park and see which of your horses are suitable. Don't just ship all of them there if you can't find races for them.

How long between races depends on the distance and how far you are shipping them. In general sound horses can race every two weeks and unsound horses every 3 weeks.
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

See if there are upcoming races your horses are eligible for before shipping them to Trial Park/Peyto. I have quite a few of my horses at other tracks because there just aren't conditions to fit them at TP right now.
Sue Wentz
Sprinter

Post by Sue Wentz »

Thank you all for your responses, both public and private. The feedback is much appreciated and very helpful as I continue to learn. My horses will certainly thank you, too!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

General heads up to New players, if you want a horse I've listed in new player sales but it's on another continent or wherever, dm me and I'll first class ship it to the vicinity of trial park prior to purchase.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE