Help needed

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Help needed

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

I'm an Intermediate but I find I need some help with breeding. I've had four breedings in my time here but always with at least one of the horses in the pairing owned by others. I'm now trying to do a pairing for the first time with horses owned by me and can't figure it out. I recently claimed a mare and retired her. I also retired the male. They are both 4yos. My stallion doesn't show up when I use "Breed This Mare" on my mares page. I thought it might be because they were at different farms even though the Breeding/Help page states they don't have to be. I put them at the same farm just in case but that was no help.

I also tried the "Book This Mare" link. That worked but for a later date that was unstated, I assume it's the next sim year but I'm guessing. This isn't what I wanted so I canceled it.

Can you tell me my error? The only thing I can think of is my stallion is not standing. I don't want to pay the cost to stand him.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Help needed

Post by Sara Julin »

Hi, Yeah, you need to pay the 50k(+) to stand the stallion. Otherwise you can't breed to him ^^'
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

And if the stallion is not really good it's probably not worth the 50k
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Thanks, I wonder why it let me set up a booking with him if it was never going to happen without standing him?
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

It also lets you book to horses that haven't retired yet. Its one way to set who your mares are going to and saves time at the end of the season.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Thanks, Dave, yes, looking at it that way I can see it's actually helpful.