Article on 15k lottery

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Article on 15k lottery

Post by Art K Stables »

Very good article on breeding ideas and buying from Alexandra jaysman the owner of “ green pastures “. I would say there is a way to find out pretty good info and one is to check on a hypomate with a stallion you’d consider using and determine your lowest grade accepted .. then just hypomate for 250 game points instead of paying the 10k fee . Don’t have the game points ? Go to the exchange page . Admittedly the exchange page can get expensive but just figure you can get 10k points for 240k$ that’s 40 hypomates that work out to an average of 6k per hypo, and in my limited experience in my limited corner of the game I’ve found the hypomate rating more reliable than the broodmare rating which is why you’ll see blue hens or star mares selling cheaply, the hypos were disappointing
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Article on 15k lottery

Post by Art K Stables »

you can hypomate without buying anything, and you can find a rating of any mare for sale if you go to horses for sale and search on Game owned
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Re: Article on 15k lottery

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Didn't expect to see my article in the forums! I agree, if you have the game points or access to game points, it is a cheaper method. Although I have had some mares give an A- hypo and still end up being Formidable instead of Star like I was expecting. I think I read somewhere that the hypos give more information about the stallions in the pedigree and broodmare comments tell you more about the mare herself? I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes in the long run though.

For those players who aren't able to buy game points, or can't afford the exchange, very selectively picking up a couple mares to retire and check out can still be rewarding. I go to the sales page and sort the game owned mares to show all of them without broodmare comments so I can grab the ones that need to be retired and checked. But note that until they are retired you can't hypo them, so you do have to spend the 5k to buy them and retire (or put them in your alerts and wait until the end of the year when all the horses in greener pastures go on sale for ~$100).
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward