Can I undo an auction bid?

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Can I undo an auction bid?

Post by Hannah Sandiford »

I don’t know if this is something that can be done, but is it possible to undo/change/delete a maximum bid on an auction? I only started playing a couple of days ago so not sure if this is an option or not, but can’t find anywhere obvious that I can do this.

I read the wrong gallop comment for the horse I was bidding on and bid way more than I would be comfortable paying for the horse’s actual rating, especially as this horse will be my first yearling (buying a yearling is something I was unsure about doing at this stage anyway!)

Unfortunately the auction ends in 5 hours so may not get an answer before, but just thought I’d ask!
Aaron Tonning
Miler

Re: Can I undo an auction bid?

Post by Aaron Tonning »

You can go rebid the max to a lower amount, but it will raise the current cost a dollar.
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Aaron Tonning wrote: 1 year ago You can go rebid the max to a lower amount, but it will raise the current cost a dollar.
Thank you, the current bid is pretty close to my max but that seems like the best option if I can’t cancel.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

You can try pleading your case with the Steward through the contact page
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

What horse?
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Nevermind. I think your problem has gone away now.
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Thank you! Had another look at the auction and there are some other babies in there that are much more ‘in budget’ so will try and pick up one or two of those :)