What do coloured entries mean?

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

What do coloured entries mean?

Post by Hannah Sandiford »

Another quick newbie question.

Was just looking at my entries and different races have different shades highlighting them- ranging from grey to yellow, orange and red.

What do these mean? Is there something I need to change?

Many thanks
Hannah
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Re: What do coloured entries mean?

Just had another look, there are no reds but rather two different shades of orange. One race is also highlighted white.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

White and Grey are just the normal colors making it easier for us to see the different races.

The ones in colors, like yellow, are races where you have 2 horses entered into the same race. Nothing wrong with that, but you can only win with one horse, so it might be wise to try and find another spot for one horse.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago White and Grey are just the normal colors making it easier for us to see the different races.

The ones in colors, like yellow, are races where you have 2 horses entered into the same race. Nothing wrong with that, but you can only win with one horse, so it might be wise to try and find another spot for one horse.
Thank you, the ones with double entries are usually because I can’t find any other suitable races at Trial Park under their distance/surface preference (especially as most of the TP races seem to be maidens which I don’t have many of).

Is there any difference between the different shades of yellow/orange?
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Yeah that happens, I also currently have some double entries because the race was the only one I felt fit those horses. It's not a huge deal, especially if you can pick up 1st and 2nd place money.

If you have a lot of horses double entered on the same day, the game tries to make it easier to see exactly which 2 horses are in which races. So instead of having a bunch of yellow races, there will be other colors. For example, if you have horses A and B racing against each other, and then in a different race horses C and D are racing together, the game will give A and B the same color (say yellow), and then C and D get another color (like orange). This way you can easily see who is racing against who.

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

I also double checked, and if your horse is bumped out of the race (so in a 12 horse field they are the 13th+ entry) you will see a very dark grey background on that race.

Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Most (not stakes or player sponsored) races split when the entrants reach at least 15 runners, so just because you have a coupled entry now does not necessarily mean it will stay that way.