Fitness question

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Fitness question

Post by Hannah Sandiford »

Me again! Sorry for the bombardment of posts over my first few days!!

I have a TS I bought in a dispersal that hasn’t raced since week 9. This will be my first year racing in the sim and whilst the forum and help sections have been amazingly informative fitness is one thing I have struggled to find information on (except for with yearlings, in which case there’s plenty of information).

His last exercise was a gallop in week 2 where he upgraded to freak (was an LB allowance that upgraded to stakes as a 4 year old then later jumped to freak, talk about late bloomer!).

I want to make the most of his newly found talent and race him in week 1 or 2, but as he’s sat idle for so long I’m worried his fitness will hold him back. If I gallop him now will he have enough time to recover before a W1 or 2 race? The race I’m looking at for him is an allowance.

Thanks
Hannah
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Re: Fitness question

Post by Hannah Sandiford »

Just had a look through the TP races for this year and looks like I found the worst possible freak for TP… there isn’t a single TS stakes there the whole year (for males, that is) :(

Now even more stuck!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Fitness question

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Jogging him would tell you how close to "fully fit" he is. Provided he's standing at a farm (and you don't send him globetrotting) he'd probably manage that prior to racing even week 1 day 1, would you chose to race him. With the information you get, you may decide whether you want to use races, workouts or other training procedures to get him fit.

Regardless of whether he is a TS freak by the old or new tresholds, he should be able to do fine outside of Trial Park too, would you not find a race there.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)