Training questions

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Training questions

Post by Hannah Sandiford »

A few questions I have regarding training. Although I realise the definitive answers may not be known and probably vary between horses and depending on their soundness.

How long does it take for a typical (sound, on a farm) horse to be fully rested enough to race after each kind of training? If a horse gallops, works-out or walks the shedrow how soon after each can they race afterwards and not show any ill effects?

If a horse schools in the gate/paddock and gets a ‘negative’ comment (ie something to the effect of they were agitated or poorly behaved), does this mean you should train them again until they get a positive comment? Or are these comments just random?

Do all the different types of training need to be used to increase a horse’s experience? Or does training them in the same way every time increase their experience just as much as using a variation of exercises?

Does an unraced but fit horse start off with 100% confidence that it can then lose by running? Or will it start off with partial confidence that needs a win to improve?

In the same breath as my last point, does training increase confidence? I’ve seen posts on how much training is required to get them fully fit to race, but what about getting them fully confident to race?

Thanks in advance! Sorry if any of these are dumb noobie questions!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Training questions

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Gallop I wait like 3 days in between regardless of Soundness, but everyone does it different. I met someone who walks they horses everyday, walking, gate paddock are light and can be done with all 3 in one day and the horse still wants more

Confidence comes from winning or barrier trails only

I wouldn't worry about the gate and paddock comments they mean nothing. And I would train everything atleast once for XP
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: