Kingswood pensioner classic

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Kingswood pensioner classic

Post by Hannah Sandiford »

Perhaps i'm just being bitter and making assumptions but looking at the results of the Kingswood Pensioner Classic (the 400k stakes at TP) it looks like some of the horses were given to new players specifically for this race (as in leased not long before the race and returned immediately after). Surely that kind of goes against the spirit of having new player races?

I only looked at the other runners as my two freaks (one of which has won with domination in all her three TP stakes with me and the other who has been pretty consistently finishing on the board in his last three stakes) finished 5th and 7th of 8 runners. I know nothing is a guarantee in this game but this didn't really feel like a level playing field.

I wasn't expecting huge performances from my two as they had a few weeks off before the race when I took a brief break from the game, but having had pretty intense campaigns with no breaks before this I didn't think it would do them that much harm...
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Kingswood pensioner classic

Post by Lily Wilkins »

It can be so frustrating to not finish as well as you thought you would.
I can't speak to the other horses because they weren't my dealings, however, the winner of the race was a gift. That player owns that colt outright and will not be giving him back. They sought me out weeks ago expressing interest in DR and that horse specifically, and I figured the horse would be better off with them because he wasn't managing to do well on the open circuit.

Sharknado was leased on short notice and given right back (by far the shortest-term lease in the race) because the player sought me out and asked if I had anything they could throw in the race on short notice for fun. If the horse had been a monster who I knew was going to crush all competition, he wouldn't have been leased out. He ran exactly the way I suspected he would.
It's a pretty regular thing for veterans to lease/give horses to new players so they can target the end of year Stakes action at Trial Park. It's generally the more "second string" horses in our barns who make that cut, but I can certainly see how that might seem unfair.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Amber Nectar Yr 60 winner https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1298491

https://www.simhorseracing.com//race.php?RaceID=1840351

Was sold to me for $1 1 week and 2 days prior. I just assumed my other entry would win, but wanted another horse to take advantage of the big purse. I also didn't start until week 10 and was clueless of the race until week 13, I think.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Post by Hannah Sandiford »

Fair point, although your guy won the race with an 86 SF compared to this year's race with a 93 in what (despite the purse) is still an ungraded new player race.

I've been playing since last year's break so have been racing all of this season, I was really looking forward to this race the purses are limited at TP so have had these two aimed for it since I found out about it. Seemed like a good way to finish off my new player career!

I just don't really see what benefit there is to new players having a top horse handed to them shortly before the race and returned after? It won't really provide anything except some purse money in the bank, but that purse money was always going to go to a new player anyway.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Hannah Sandiford wrote: 1 year ago (despite the purse) is still an ungraded new player race.
As far as I can remember I believe I’m unable to make it graded while restricting it to new players 😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt