Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shaun Brogan
Two Year Old

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Post by Shaun Brogan »

I went through and read everything i could to gain knowledge about the game but im running into a problem or 2 .

I purchased a horse out of the auction i though would be a good starter horse for me ( $4999 ) worked the horse 5f 59 and change yesterday ( ak )year 63 , week 16 , day 2
Tried to enter the md in ak md race for a week out but it was only letting me enter races for 2 days ahead
I did see " upcoming " races but WOULDN'T let me enter in those .

Do i gotta wait until that year/week is here before i can enter ?

Also , is a week enough rest after a work ?

I went through some horses and there schedule was sometimes 2 weeks , 3 or longer in between races ? Im little confused on the scheduling part of it ?
Does it not matter when u race ? As long as u give 2 weeks in between?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Shaun
Shaun Brogan
Two Year Old

Re: Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Post by Shaun Brogan »

1 other thing
Im reading other post about shipping your horse to the farm for MAXIMUM rest but im not seeing a farm i can do that with ?
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Shaun Brogan wrote: 1 year ago 1 other thing
Im reading other post about shipping your horse to the farm for MAXIMUM rest but im not seeing a farm i can do that with ?
all farms give rest greater than at the track
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Evelyne Cergerac
Two Year Old

Post by Evelyne Cergerac »

In normal time, when you see races in 'Upcoming Races', you have to wait a bit before you can enter those races (I think you can join a race 2 weeks before it runs?). In this particular instance though, we're heading to year 64 after the break that starts after the last races of Year 63 and the upcoming races are for Y64, I suppose you will be able to enter them some time within the break (would love confirmation from a more experienced player!).

Racing a horse will keep it fully fit but if you race it too often (less than 2 weeks) you're very likely to hurt your horse and have it benched for a while. If you wait too long between races (over 3 weeks), your horse will eventually get unfit. You can wait more than 3 weeks between 2 races but don't forget to work your horse with a gallop or a workout to keep it fit.

Having your horse at a farm will speed up its rest. You don't need to do anything in particular, just ship your horse to a nearby farm (unless it's already at a farm). I've been searching the forum a lot since joining and it seems that as long as you rest at a farm, whether your horse is very sound or not so sound, you shouldn't have troubles racing every 2 weeks.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Shaun Brogan wrote: 1 year ago
Tried to enter the md in ak md race for a week out but it was only letting me enter races for 2 days ahead
I did see " upcoming " races but WOULDN'T let me enter in those .
We are about to end a year of racing - there are only 2 more days left of racing in Year 63. Then the game will be on break before races open for Year 64. The homepage has a calendar of events so you can see when Y64 races open and are run.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I see that you managed to enter "Sleeping N" into tomorrows races. Entries closed 45 mins ago and only 5 entries. This will be your first paycheck when the race runs in 23 hours. Welcome!
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...