Equipment....

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I've read the articles on what each of the equipment is supposed to help with but I was wondering if there is some sort of equipment that helps with horses when it says: "Chased off rail"

I understand what the term means but I don't understand why it happens. Does it mean this is just not a confident horse? (Doesn't fight back?) If it's a matter of confidence is there anyway to fix it?

This is not just one horse I have, it is a few.

Thanks for any help!

Happy Trails!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Chased off rail isn't anything bad at all. It means the horse was chasing the leader (so the horse is a stalker) while not being on the rail, the jockey decided to go a little bit wider than that.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Heh, you learn something new every day. I always thought this meant that the horse was ridden out wide by another jockey engaging in "race riding."

Thank you for the clarification.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Wow, thank you for the clarification! I thought the same thing as Kevin. I thought another horse came up and just bullied his way through on the rail chasing my horse out. :lol:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯