Year 50 Don't Mix Out Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Year 50 Don't Mix Out Contest

Post by Randall Allen »

Introducing the Year 50 Don't Mix Out contest. More prizes! Better Prize Horses!

Year 50 will be a great year for the Sim. I am returning to the contest that I started almost a real life year ago. I have been very active in the mixer auctions lately and trying to build up a stock of nice yearlings and 2 year olds as some prizes for the contest. In addition to horse prizes, I am offering cash prizes for the top three players at the Year 50 end of year contest totals.

(all 16 weeks totaled)
1st place overall $250,000 + something nice to be determined (more than likely a freak)
2nd place overall $100,000 + something nice to be determined
3rd place overall $25,000 + something nice to be determined
These are in addition to the regular weekly prizes.

Why am I giving away my own money in addition to prize horses??? My goal is to help people get into mixers. With stud fees that are through the roof, I feel like that the money can be used by a barn that doesn't have much funds. This will give a smaller barn a chance of possibly breeding their own freaks or maybe buying something nice.

Why are the weekly prizes and end of year prizes to be determined? A large part depends on how my foals turn out. There are a lot of factors in place and I will update this soon.

So what are the rules?
For the five races posted: 3 points will be given for picking a race winner, 2 points will be given for picking a second and 1 point for third. So the max number of weekly points you can get is 15. No entries after Wednesday at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time

Who is eligible? If you participated in last year's (Year 49) Don't Mix Out contest you are eligible. If you are a new or junior player, you are eligible. If you have questions about being eligible, message me.

(Just to be brutally honest: This is a contest where prizes here could be a turning point for a struggling barn or a new barn that may have never had a freak before. *Please be respectful* if you already have won a Steward's Cup or have won thousands of races, please don't enter. If you are bidding millions on Stewardbreds, please don't enter.)

More details to follow...
Last edited by Randall Allen 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Year 50 Don't Mix Out Contest

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Sounds great! Thanks for letting me "borrow" this competition last year. I will pop in now and then and maybe drop a comment or two...

I still remember my first forum post during my first week as a player. I believe winning that horse was what really got me hooked to this game :)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Thanks for the positive comments Polk! I hope several others get hooked on the Sim too. That's one reason why I am happy this contest has continued :)
Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

Post by Michael McGuire »

Randall, I'm in. I loved playing last year's contest. I did pretty good for missing the first four weeks, I won't do that this time. Giddy-Up!
Kat Wikstrom
Two Year Old

Post by Kat Wikstrom »

I am also in I enjoyed playing last year and I believe this year will also be fun ;)
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

excellent rules for year 50, I think that ranadall, has done better, and the centraser, in the new players, and junior, in addition to the barns with very low resources, is excellent

so I hope that this contest, which helps many every season, and fun to what we can be from the stands, enjoying the results every week is GREAT

So I think you have to tell every new player that comes in every week, to participate, in this great contest.
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Avery Genna
Turf Router

Post by Avery Genna »

This sounds so much fun! Thanks so much for hosting, Randall. I’ll definitely be participating this year!
Chippy Chippers
Two Year Old

Post by Chippy Chippers »

College is out for the summer, so I'll be able to participate a lot more! Being able to win horses for my not to successful barn has been a blessing! I'm glad this is continuing.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

This year will feature something new. In the past, I have given away yearlings and the new players would have to wait what seemed like forever to get their prize horses on the track. Things will be different this year.

As the weeks roll on, most of the horses that are prizes will be 2 year olds and race ready. So, what does that mean? You will be able to get your prize horses on the track and participate in the contest at the same time.

In week 1-4, the prizes will be allowance sprinters (3 colts and 1 filly)
In weeks 5-6, the prizes will be allowance mids (1 colt and 1 filly)
In weeks 7-9, the prizes will be allowance routers (3 colts)
In weeks 10-13, the prizes will be pacers (2 colts and 2 fillies)
The action heats up at the end of the year...
In Week 14 and 15 a stakes colt will be given as the weekly prize. These will be yearlings, so that there won't be a bunch of races that are lost.
In Week 16 the weekly prize will be a stakes filly yearling.

At the end of the year, the top three will be awarded prizes.
The grand prize overall winner will get $250,000 and a freak galloping yearling!
The second place overall will get $100,000 and a stakes filly yearling.
The third place overall will get $25,000 and a stakes colt yearling.

If anyone else would like to donate something to help out some new players, please message me.
Last edited by Randall Allen 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Without further ado, here are the Week 1 Races. In case of a tie, the first person that posted their picks will be the weekly winner. For best odds of winning the end of year freak, try to participate every week as the points are cumulative.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1111678
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1170400
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1170401
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1112031
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1111979
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Post by J.r. Lewis »

In addition, we're going to be playing a Don't Mix Out version of Beat the Greek / Win JRs Horses. Each week I'll be posting my picks and anyone who beats me will get some sort of allowance mixer. Depending on how many people beat me it can range from yearlings to 3yos running in low claimers. To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ...good luck :)
Nicholas Johnson
Miler

Post by Nicholas Johnson »

Count Cab
Guts and Glory
Easy Chantel
Holinodia
Chaos
Johnson Stables
Margaux
2x SC AWR Matron Winner