Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Stormy Peak »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago ....................Now I know that this is very busy time for home improvement contractors, but if you're booked solid the least you could do is contact me and let me know so I can make other arrangements! Must be taking advice from employment recruiters. :x
I live in an itty bitty town...and there are not a lot of choices for contractors, plumbers...etc...and the good one's stay very busy...especially those who build houses all through the warm weather (which is a short duration in my part of Idaho)...and then take on repair work during the winter. BUT...painting the outside of the house is not a winter fix up....so trying to find someone to do things like that... or come and fix a minor thing like fixing 2 flanges on the roof vents that were damaged by winter ice...ugh... same thing as what you are going through. They say they will call back, or swing by between big jobs but it never happens.

Before I ended up hurt and in the wheelchair for about 4 months due to it... I was still having back issues, due to prior back surgery. I had a heck of a time finding someone to give me an estimate to paint my home. It's not a tall house...nor that big. Still, labor was going to be $900. So, I bit the bullet, sucked up the pain, hired my 9 year old niece to help me and we washed, scrubbed, then primed and painted the house. Her mom pitched in on some of the painting.

That little girl worked like a full grown man. I figured I might get some help out of her then she would get tired, or bored and slack off...but she was right there for hours and we did my whole house in about 4 days. I had planned on paying her $100.00 but ended up giving her $300.00 -- she was using hearing aides and sometimes didn't hear things...and she didn't even realize I was going to pay her...she was just doing it to help me out. So when I gave her $300 in cash...her jaw about hit the ground. As a 9 year old, she never thought to see that much money that was hers to spend.

I hope you find someone who will give you a decent quote and do a good job for you.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

1. I have been in the work force for a little over 30 years now and in the that time, I have yet to work in a building that has a consistent temperature. I never know whether to wear a bikini or a parka. You're welcome for that image. I just turned off my space heater and in addition to that, I've had my jacket on all day. I always advise my co-workers that I'm cold, then it's cold.
2. I learned this past weekend that I should have gotten emails from the MVA regarding my drivers license and whether or not it's compatible with Homeland Security's REAL ID. Yeah, that burns me up on so many levels. Well I have not gotten squat and the MVA page is as helpful as an empty can of DEET on a hot July evening. :x It looks like I can still drive, but if I'm pulled over the police can 'recall' my license--but I'll still be able to drive. :?
Gawd what theater. :x :x :x
Perusing the local news site, I see that I'm not the only one who is confused.

On the brighter side, I'm now waiting on two contractors to give me estimates.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

The a/c is out in my office today. And its 96 degrees outside. But a nice and cool 80 in my office! We are dying and its a lonnnng 12hrs
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago The a/c is out in my office today. And its 96 degrees outside. But a nice and cool 80 in my office! We are dying and its a lonnnng 12hrs
So when are they going to get the AC repair people out?
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Darcy McBride wrote: 4 years ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago The a/c is out in my office today. And its 96 degrees outside. But a nice and cool 80 in my office! We are dying and its a lonnnng 12hrs
So when are they going to get the AC repair people out?
Tomorrow.lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

If it gets too hot and any of you start to feel faint you'll have to call 911...........wait..... :?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

In Lincoln, Nebraska, breaking 80 degrees is big news!

Rain predicted nearly every day it seems?
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago
If it gets too hot and any of you start to feel faint you'll have to call 911...........wait..... :?
Ironic right? lol
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago
Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago
Ironic right? lol

:lol: :lol:
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Tim Matthews wrote: 14 years ago Post random crap here because you're bored and you know it.

My first random crap: Reggie rules.

X-box is enjoyable on occasion.

I like soup.
I'm a pasta person myself.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

[
I hope you find someone who will give you a decent quote and do a good job for you.

Stormy
[/quote]

FINALLY found someone to paint the interior doors and someone who will fix the basement railing. Both coming this week! :D
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Hope everything goes as planned, Dawn. :)

I finally ...after 12 years in this house, got some screen doors built... 3 days later... Jaya was trapped between the cat and the screen door and panicked. She went through the bottom screen like it wasn't even there. ... sigh...

I can't take the door off for repairs, due to my back... it really needs the trim pulled the screen re-stapled and the trim nailed back over the screen edges....can't do that while it's on the hinges. So I took the edges of the screen and just stapled them to the trim. I'll try to get my sister to help me do a real repair on it later...and I'll probably buy some more of that 1 inch wide trim and fit a few strips in front of the screen so the dog sees it and hopefully will think it's a barrier she can't break through.

I wish I could teach her that a 65 pound dog, need not fear a 9 pound cat who's never so much as hissed at her. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

My 70lb Pit bull is scared of fireflies so good luck with that one Stormy. :lol: :lol:
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

My sister's Border Collie bites at flies when she is outdoors.

Should one get inside however, it frightens her.

A lovable nut job.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

A horse name I wish I could use (too long):

When Did Singing Become Shouting